Sunday, February 13, 2022

A Ranking Of Every "LOVE" Song From Disney Channel Stars



Welcome Back to Disney and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!💕 I hope you enjoyed reading my last post on A Ranking Of Every 22nd Episode From Boy Meets World (Part 4). For this week's post I wanted to do something that related to Valentine's Day. So of course the first thing, or word, that comes to everyone's mind (or at least my mind) when we think of Valentine's Day is "LOVE". But, when I was thinking of Disney and Valentine's Day, I first thought about Disney Channel shows and their Valentine-themed episodes. However Disney Channel did not have any, if not many, Valentine-themed episodes. So then I thought, why not rank every 14th episode from a Disney Channel show, but because I just did a post similar to that and because I also didn't have that kind of time to watch that many episodes again I decided to scratch that idea, as well. So then of course my mind went to music, because I mean...hello...who doesn't love music? We all know that mostly every star from Disney Channel has or had a music career. So, that is what led me to want to rank every song that has the word "LOVE" in its title, from a Disney Channel star. I chose to only go by the word "LOVE" in the title of the songs and not necessarily the lyrics or overall meaning of each song, simply because that was the easiest way to do it. As I'm sure there are a lot of songs from Disney stars with the word "LOVE" in the lyrics but not necessarily in the title of the song, but again I just chose to do it this way.  But, hey, if you want to see a ranking of real love songs that don't just have the word "LOVE" in the title, go check out my sister's blog (celebrategoodtimesblog.blogspot.com). (Also, shout out to her because she also helped me come up with the idea of this post. So, thank you Amber!😊)

I love Valentine's Day. It's one of my all time favorite holidays for so many reasons and not just because I love the colors of the holiday (red and pink, so cute). Therefore, I was so excited to do this Valentine-themed post for you. So, let's not wait any longer and get into A Ranking of Every "LOVE" Song From Disney Channel Stars

Just a brief note before we begin: For this song ranking, I only chose to include songs with the word "LOVE" in the title from Disney Channel stars and their albums, EPs, or singles while they were still on Disney. In other words, I did not include any of the songs from the stars if the song(s) came out once they were no longer on the Disney Channel. So, like I really wanted to include two of Selena Gomez's "LOVE" songs, "Love Will Remember" and "Lover In Me" from her fourth album Stars Dance, but both of those songs were released after she was no longer on Disney. I also chose to do it this way because if not this would have been a very, very long ranking and although I'm a music lover, I didn't have the time to listen to that many songs at one time and rank them. So, if you see a "LOVE" song missing from this list that is why, or just because I don't listen to that person or song and therefore chose not to include it on this list. Also, you will see some songs from Disney shows/movie soundtracks, to which I was going to rank those separately from the other non-Disney movie/show soundtrack songs, but when I thought about it more and actually started listening to the songs I felt that those Disney movie/show soundtrack songs could actually hold up on their own against many of these other non-Disney movie/show soundtrack songs. Okay, now you might really be confused about everything I just explained. Hopefully not though. So for real this time, let's just get into A Ranking Of Every "LOVE" Song From Disney Channel Stars

💓💗💓💗💓💗💓💗💓💗💓💗💓💗

(from least to most favorite)...

#37 "I Can Love You" by Everlife (2007) 

 

This is a song that I had never heard before creating this list. Although, I was and still am pretty familiar with this all girl band and some of their old songs, because some of their best songs have been in some of the most iconic Disney movies (such as Go Figure and Bridge to Terabithia). So, I do love a few of their songs but this one in particular is not my favorite. At least when compared to all the others on this list. This song just didn't have that thing that made me want to keep listening to it. Although, don't get me wrong, I did have to listen to the whole song in order to do this ranking fairly but if I'm being honest I kind of wanted to turn it off after the first 60 seconds. This song is a pop punk style song but definitely much slower and more mellow than the other songs I've heard from them. This song is about realizing the love that someone has given you and wanting to give that back to them in return. In other words, it's about her being fearful of love with someone but then learning about what that kind of love is. At least that's what I was able to take away from the lyrics of this song.

                               (Audio)


 

#36 "Still In Love With You" by the Jonas Brothers (2007) 

 

Like I've mentioned on here many times before, I was never the biggest fan of the Jonas Brothers when I was younger but I did watch Camp Rock growing up and I did see and hear their music on other shows that I watched on Disney Channel at the time. So, I still did hear a lot of their music growing up, but I never really got into their music until 2019 when they reunited as a band. This is a song from their self-titled second album the Jonas Brothers and one of their songs that I was not familiar with at all before creating this list, which is kind of surprising because I was, and am, very familiar with a lot of the other songs that are on this same album. But anyways, that is not why I ranked this song lower on the list. I ranked this song lower on this list because just when compared to all the other songs that I will be mentioning later, this one was one of my most least favorites. This is just a very young, boybandish song (if you know what I mean) and not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but for this ranking it is. This song just reminds me of a Naked Brothers Band song (iykyk). It's just not the best song that I've heard from them, in my opinion. I honestly, even had to look up the lyrics because I could not understand what they were singing in the song. This pop song is about when someone doesn't want to be in your life anymore and breaks up with you but you still have feelings, or love, for that person. Even though they have moved on you're still on the situation and remembering all the good times you had with them. So, because the meaning of this song is more relatable and easier to understand (once you know the lyrics) is ultimately why I decided to rank it above the previous song I mentioned and also because it wasn't the worst song to listen to compared to the previous one. Again, I would rather listen to this song over the previous one I mentioned, but not the other songs that I will talk about later.

                               (Audio)


 

#35 "Come Back My Love" by Mitchel Musso (2010) 

 

This, again, is another song that I had never heard of before creating this list, so I really went into it with open ears. First of all, I just want to say that the beat of this song really reminds me of a Blake Lewis song (anyone remember him from that singing show?). It definitely has those vibes. The meaning of this song is actually pretty similar to that of the previous song I mentioned, in that it's all about someone you love leaving and you wanting them back. Okay, it's exactly like the meaning of the previous song. But, the only reason why I ranked this song higher than the previous one is because I like the beat of this one a lot more. This song is also a lot more catchy and fun to sing along to than the others. It's also kind of funny when he sings, "Rockin' I will / Be rockin' with myself". Even though that's obviously a sad thing to go through, the lyric is just kind of funny to me and I can't help not to laugh at it sometimes. 

                                   (Audio)




                                     (Music video)


#34 "Cry for Love" by Zendaya (2013) 

 

You already know from my previous posts that Shake It Up is and has always been one of my all time favorite Disney Channel shows growing up. So, I was a fan of Zendaya's for a long time, but I have to say that I never really got into her music when she released it. I remember listening to her song "Replay" a lot when I was younger, but this song in particular is not one that I remember as well. Before creating this list, I feel like I had maybe only ever heard this song once or twice, but now after doing this ranking I have definitely heard it a lot more than ever. This is a pretty good song.  I mean I like the meaning and everything but again, just because when compared to all the other songs on this list, this is still not my most favorite. It's also just a little too slow and chill for me to want to listen to all the time. It's very soulful/R&B, which I love, but again it just kind of bored me after a while. But, it is a very peaceful song to listen to and the piano in the song is one of my favorite parts of the song. The beginning of this song also reminds me a lot of an Alicia Keys song. It's sounds very similar to one of her songs. This song is also great lyrically, too. As it's basically about someone questioning their relationship with the one they love because that other person isn't doing right by them. As she's sitting there crying about that person while he's out with his friends playing games, just acting like nothing bad is going on. It's definitely a first breakup type of song, as in the beginning she sings, "I can't say I'm an expert on it / In fact, it's the first time". There are a few other great lines from the song as well, such as when she sings, "So much for watching all those fairy tales with happy endings". This song can be very relatable and it also doesn't just have to relate to a couple relationship, it can really go with any kind of relationship. So, that's why I chose to put this song higher than the other songs I mentioned previously because it does have a good, relatable message. But, I still ranked it lower because it's still not the best song when compared to all the others on this list. It's also not one that I would choose to listen to on repeat.  

                                    (Audio)


 

#33 "I Can't Say I'm In Love" by R5 (2015) 

 

Once again, this is another song that I had never heard before creating this list. As you know from some of my previous posts, I was and still am a big fan of Austin & Ally, so those songs from the show are the only songs I know from Ross Lynch. In other words, I never really listened to R5's songs or albums. Except, actually 2 years ago when I went through a few of their songs. But, this song was not one of them that I remembered before doing this ranking. Having said that, after listening to this song for this ranking, it's not the worst but it's also not the best. There are two other R5 songs that will be on this list as well, and this one is my least favorite of the three just because when comparing the beat and the lyrics of the song, I prefer this one the least out of the three. This song was hard to understand at first for me, but then when I got what it was about, I really do like the twist at the end of the song. As at first throughout the song this person is in love with this other someone but he just can't seem to want to say the words "I love you" to that other person, cause he's never felt a love like this. Until the end when he does say the words "I love you". So, I think it's a really sweet and unique pop song, just not one of my most favorites on this list. 

                                   (Audio w/ lyrics)


                                    (Music video)

#32 "Why Is Love So Hard To Find" by Jesse McCartney (2004)


 

This is a really great early 2000s, vibey "LOVE" song. Trust me, once you listen to this song you'll understand what I mean by that sentence. This song is very soothing but not too soothing that it makes you want to fall asleep. This is just one of those songs that you wake up and want to turn on to start your day. Yes, it's one of those types of songs. I chose to rank this song higher than all the previous ones I already mentioned because I love a good early 2000s song and this song just makes me feel the happiest and most peaceful and at ease than all the others I've already talked about. Jesse McCartney was actually one of my kid celebrity crushes (before Justin Bieber came onto the scene of course) and so I of course knew a few of his songs but because I never owned his "Beautiful Soul" album, I wasn't at all familiar with this song or any of the other songs on the album until creating this ranking. I mean I'm sure as a kid I had to have heard some of his other songs besides "Beautiful Soul" and "Leavin'", because, well I did own a Video Now with this DVD to go with it..

 



But, again, I just did not remember this song specifically before creating this list. However, I did go through another Jesse McCartney phase when I was like 18 or 19 years old and I went back on YouTube to listen to and watch a lot of his old stuff. But again, this time around I had no recollection of ever hearing this song. Having said that though, after listening to it a few too many times for this ranking, I must say that it is a pretty good song. But, I will also admit, that I had to warm up to actually liking this song because at first listen I wasn't a fan of it at all. However, the 2000s sound-type-beat always got me from the very beginning and I later appreciated this song for the lyrics as well. I do think this song is really relatable. As it's all about, as the title suggests, someone questioning why love is so hard to find. But maybe love really isn't that hard to find, you're just looking in the wrong places Jesse McCartney. Lol. No, I'm just kidding. But for real though, I've never been in love (well love that's not puppy love) but maybe if love was so easy to find, it wouldn't be so special once you do find it. In other words, maybe that's what makes love so special. Okay, I don't want to go on a long rant, so I'll just leave you with those words. But also, the only reason why I ranked this song lower on this list is because just when compared to the others I will talk about later, this song is not my most favorite and because I don't agree with every lyric he wrote in this song. 

                                 (Audio)


 

#31 "I Luv U" by Sofia Carson (2019) 


 

This is another song from a Disney star that I was not familiar with at all before creating this list (I know, I know, this seems to be the beginning sentence of every song I've talked about so far.) and that's only because I've never listened to this artist's music much. I've only heard one song from her, which I will get to later. However, after listening to this song, I will say that it's obviously better than all the others I've already mentioned. One reason being just because the beat is fire. 🔥 This is a very 2019 bouncy, pop track. The song is all about someone questioning their lover's commitment. Kind of like in Zendaya's song "Cry for Love" that I mentioned earlier. This is definitely a song that gets you wanting to dance because it's very upbeat, as I said before. The only reason, well two reasons, why I didn't rank this song higher on this list is because of course when compared to all the other songs that I will mention later, this is just not one that I would choose to listen to over all the others. The second reason being because I can't relate to this song as I can a lot of the others, which I don't have to relate to a song in order for me to like it, but that is just why I did rank this one lower than a lot of the others on this list. So, mostly it's just for the first reason I stated.  

                                   (Audio w/ lyrics)

                                     
                                   (Music video)

#30 "Easy Love" by R5 (2014) 


 

This is my second favorite "LOVE" song from R5 and a better song overall from all the ones that I've already talked about. This one was really hard for me to decide on whether to rank it before or after the next song that I will mention (hint: it's the third R5 song) because they are both so different, but I ultimately decided to rank this one as second best of the three R5 songs because it's not as fun to sing along to as the next one I will be talking about. But don't get me wrong, this is still a great song and...surprise, surprise...another one that I was not familiar with at all before creating this list. I mainly chose to rank this song before all the others I mentioned already simply because of the great message. As this song is all about how any form of love worth having is not, and does not, come easy. I also like how they use examples from both sides of a relationship to express this point, which is unique and what makes this song stand out a little more. This song is also really relatable and also very catchy. I think the chorus just says it all when it comes to the overall meaning and message of this song:

Loving you ain't easy, nothing ever is

But I will keep on fighting for a love like this

You know I wouldn't have it any other way 

Even when times get tough, I don't want no easy love

That's so true and again a great message to any couple, or relationship in general, that might want to give up on love. But, love is always worth fighting for (if it's of course the right kind of love and you're being treated right). 

                                 (Audio)


 

#29 "Love Me Like That" by R5 (2013) 


 

This is another song I never remembered hearing or listening to before creating this ranking, but now after having listened to it it is my favorite R5 "LOVE" song just because it's such a fun song to sing along to and it's the most catchy of them all. As when you listen to it even just once, it will be stuck in your head at least for the rest of the day, as it is for me every time I play it. This is also a different song from all the other R5 songs on this list and in general because not only is it more of a pop-hip hop song but also because their sister (Rydel) is the only one singing throughout this whole song, which is cool because you normally don't get that from an R5 song and in this song we get to hear a girl's perspective on what she like's about her lover. As in this song she is basically just talking about all the ways in which her significant other loves her and why she loves him for that. If there was just one word to describe this song it would be "FUN", or "SASSY". Also, does this song remind anyone else of Cher Lloyd's "Want You Back" song, cause it does to me. The only reason why this song doesn't rank the highest is because it is just not the best when compared to all the other songs that I will be mentioning later and it can start to get a little annoying after replaying it over and over like I did (but maybe just don't do that). 

                                (Audio)


 

#28 "Love Is The Name" by Sofia Carson (2016)


 

Finally, a song that I actually knew going into this. This is a song that I've heard many times even before creating this list. So, it's definitely a very memorable and catchy song. However, it's still not my most favorite song out of all the ones on this list. I love the beat of this song a lot, which is kind of saying a lot, because this is a Latin pop song and I don't normally listen to that genre of music. It's like I don't want to love this song but the melody is just so infectious that I can't help but love it. This is also a very good song to dance to. This song is just a celebration of love. Again, the only reason why I ranked this song lower is because although it's fun to listen to it on repeat, when compared to all the other songs on this list that I will be talking about later, this is not my most favorite of them all. Also, some of the lyrics in this song are not my favorite, such as when she sings, "We can rule the oceans/ We can rule the world". I mean that's just not true and unrealistic. 

                                 (Audio)


                                  (Music video)

#27 "Love You Forever" by Zendaya (2013) 


 

This is the better "LOVE" song out of the two from Zendaya on this list, just because it's more upbeat and fun to dance and sing along to. I also decided to rank it higher than the previous song I mentioned because I love the overall lyrics and vibe of the song better than the other one. This song just makes me feel something more than the others I've already mentioned. It's an upbeat 90's throwback that's all about falling in love on the dance floor, which I love. Also, just a cool little fun fact that I just found out when doing some research about this song, Nick Jonas actually helped produce this song. So, this is a great song but still not the best when compared to all the other songs I will be mentioning later. 

                                      (Audio)


 

#26 "Forgiveness and Love" by Miley Cyrus (2010)


 

Okay, so I really had no idea where I wanted to rank this song on this list. At first I had it pretty high up on this list, like above #10 high, but then I realized I just did that because it holds so much nostalgia for me. As I've actually owned this album ever since it first came out and I used to love it, and this song specifically, a lot. But after really listening to the lyrics and hearing all these other wonderful songs, I decided to rank it lower. One reason being because it is a lot slower than a lot of these other songs and although some of the lyrics of this song and the title alone make me think of my faith, I don't really agree with some of the lyrics of the song. As in the song she sings, "The only thing that our hearts are made of / Are the acts of forgiveness and love / The only thing real, when push comes to shove / Are the acts of forgiveness and love", and I don't think that's all that our hearts are made of. I also just have come to strongly dislike that word "forgiveness" because people use it as if it's something easy to do and something you should do no matter what. But I believe that you can't forgive someone that's done terribly wrong by you, if they haven't even asked for your forgiveness (apologized). In other words, you can't just forgive someone who doesn't acknowledge the wrong that they've done to you and who isn't sorry and that's just coming from personal experience. I could go on and on about the forgiveness topic, but I want this post to be lighthearted and fun. So although I get the nice sentiment of this song and believe that, yes are hearts are made up of love, the forgiveness part is a touchy subject for me which is ultimately why I ranked this song lower. However, I still think it's better than all the previous songs I mentioned because there's just something about it that makes me love it more (probably the euphoric back-beat) despite the overall meaning of the song, which is about loving and forgiving someone despite who they are or what they've done. This is also more of a country-pop ballad and I do love a good ballad. 

                                   (Audio)


 

#25 "Lovesick" by Emily Osment (2010)


 

This is another song I never heard before creating this list. I didn't even know that Emily Osment had an album, but she actually has two and an EP. However, when I played this song for the first time, I actually felt like I might have actually heard it before, but I had no recollection of it. I feel like this song maybe was in some movie that I've seen before, but I don't know (Let me know in the comments if you know what movie this song was in). Anyways, I wasn't sure at first what to really think of this song as it is very different from what I am used to listening to, but I slowly warmed up to it and chose to rank it higher than the previous song(s) I've mentioned because it's just a fun pop song that's really catchy. Definitely the ultimate party song. This song is just as the title suggests being lovesick over someone. My personal favorite part of this song is the bridge. The only reason why it ranks lower on this list is because when compared to all the other songs I will be talking about later, this one isn't my most favorite or the best, because it can get kind of monotonous if you play it over and over. But again, I love a good party song, and this is just that. 

                                    (Audio)


                                    (Music video)

#24 "Hold On For Dear Love" by Bridgit Mendler (2012)

 

This is a beautiful, emotionally-deep song from Bridgit Mendler and one that I was not familiar with at all before creating this list. It was really hard for me to rank this song lower, but just because this song is slower than a lot of the other songs I will mention later is why I did. I've just been into more upbeat songs that make me happy lately, and this one is the opposite of that, as it's more on the sad side. But, I love the meaning of this song obviously a lot more than the previous songs I've talked about. As Bridgit Mendler says in the interview below, this song is about someone who is right at the edge of losing a relationship and feeling like it's worth fighting for and basically asking that other person if it is worth it to them as well. So, this song is really deep and can also be really relatable to people. 

                              (Interview of Bridgit Mendler talking about the song)


                                    (Audio)

#23 "Love Will Tell Us Where To Go" by Bridgit Mendler (2012) 

This is the second "LOVE" song from Bridgit Mendler that I listened to and the better of the two simply just because it's more upbeat and a song that I would choose to replay over and over. This is also a song that I had never heard before creating this list, but just like the previous song I mentioned, I'm glad that I found it and now have it added to my music playlist for the future. This is just one of those songs that is great to listen to when your driving and blasting it loud with the windows rolled down. This song is basically just about lovers on the run, and...well... I'll just let Bridgit Mendler explain the rest:

                                (Interview of Bridgit Mendler talking about the song)


                                   (Audio)

#22 "What You Love" by Olivia Holt (2016)

This is another great song that I was, in fact, familiar with before creating this ranking. I hadn't listened to it a whole whole lot before doing this, but I did know what it was. I mostly just ranked this song before the previous ones because the beat is sick. It's very catchy and a great song to sing along to. This song is about someone in a bad relationship with someone else because that someone else is constantly making them mad and they don't care because that's what they love to do. I like the part of this song when it says, "You can walk through fire / And you'll still come out alive / What's gonna kill you / Is what you love, what you love". This song can really relate to any kind of relationship not just a couple relationship. It's a great song, but after listening to it for a while it can get kind of annoying. So, that is why it's not my most favorite, but it's still better than all the previous songs that I mentioned. 

                                 (Audio)


                               (Interview of Olivia Holt talking about the song)

#21 "All We Have Is Love" by Sabrina Carpenter (2016) 


 

This is another song that I knew very well going into this. Although it's not my most favorite song from Sabrina Carpenter's "Evolution" album, when compared to all the songs I've already mentioned on this list, this song is the better one of those. It's an upbeat pop song with a great message. I love the message of this song the most, more than the ones from the previous songs I've talked about, because it's all about love being the thing that we should cherish the most. Loving everything that you can possibly love with your whole heart and not just love for your significant other, either. In other words, this song creates a feeling and the notion that love and happiness should take place before anything and everything. I love that message and I love the dream, fantasy vibes this song gives off. Again, the only reason why I ranked this song lower than some others that I will be mentioning later is because just when compared to them, this is not one of my most favorites. But, it's still a great song. 

                                       (Audio)


#20 "Feels Like Love" by The Cheetah Girls (2008)


 

So, you've already heard me talk about this song before on my blog, but this time I ranked it against songs that weren't just in the Cheetah Girls: One World movie but also against non-Disney movie/show songs and it still beat out all the other songs I've already mentioned. You know I love the Cheetah Girls movies and their music, and this song is no exception. This song ranks a lot higher than the others because it just brings back a lot of memories for me and is just a really sweet, romantic love song that makes me happy. Like I mentioned before in a previous post, I just found out about this song and listened to it for the first time late last year. Also, like I said then and like I will say again now, this song is great because it's about all the feelings/emotions you get when you start to fall in love with someone. I just love the whole romantic meaning of this song and the fun, sweet, and heartwarming feeling I get while listening to it. It's definitely a great pick-me-up song when you're having a bad day. It's also very different from a lot of their other songs and can be relatable to those who are falling in love for the first time or even the second time. 

                                    (Audio)


                                    (Clip from movie)

#19 "Cheetah Love" by The Cheetah Girls (2008) 


 

This is another song that I've already talked about on this blog before and one that I love. The reason why I ranked it higher than the previous song is just because it's even more upbeat and sassy and I love that about it. Also, unlike all the other songs I've mentioned so far, this one is about friendship love and not couple love. As it's all about sisterhood and sticking together for life cause there's strength in numbers, which I can relate to having two sisters myself who are some of my best friends. I'm all about sisterhood. This song also sends the positive message that there is nothing in the world that you can't overcome, as well as the importance of loyalty and having each other's backs no matter what. This is another great dance song that's catchy and also makes you want to sing and dance along. 

                                (Audio)


                                  (Clip from movie)

#18 "Not A Love Song" by Ross Lynch (aka Austin Moon) (2012)


 

This is another one of those songs from a Disney series soundtrack but one that holds up against and stands out from a lot of the other non-Disney movie/show soundtrack songs that I've already mentioned. I've also already talked about this song before on this blog, because as you already know, Austin & Ally is one of my all time favorite Disney Channel shows and the music is mostly why. This song in particular is also my all time favorite song from the whole series. So, you know it's a good song if I say that. I had the hardest time deciding on where to rank this song on this list though, because I love it so much, but when comparing it to all the other songs on this list it ultimately had to take the #18 spot. This is just a fun song to sing along to and it's very unique and different from all these other songs because while most of these songs are clearly love songs this song says it's NOT a love song. I don't know what it is about this song that makes me love it so much, but something about it just brings me back to listen to it every single time. This is definitely a repeat-worthy song, as I've listened to it over and over and never get sick of it. My favorite parts about this song is how it starts out slow but then gets more upbeat and I also love the second to last chorus part of the song as well as the little speaking parts that he does. You can't not love this song, it's just iconic. This song makes me the most happy while listening to it and the only reason why it doesn't rank higher is because there still are some better "LOVE" songs than this one on this list that are more my favorite that I will mention later. 

                               (Audio)


                             (Clip from Austin & Ally)

#17 "Lovebug" by the Jonas Brothers (2008)


 

Now this is a Jonas Brothers song that I already knew about and had heard many times before doing this ranking. I actually still remember exactly when and where I was when the music video for this song premiered on the Disney Channel. So, this is a pretty iconic song and a very memorable, nostalgic one at that. That is also one reason why I just had to rank this song above all the previous songs I've mentioned. This pop-rock song is about being smitten over someone for the first time and attracting feelings for that person and how the relationship ends and you think that it's forever (being single) until the lovebug gets you again.  My favorite part of this song is the instrumental part after they sing the bridge and the music picks up even more. Another one of my favorite parts of the song is the second verse when they sing, 

I can't get your smile out of my mind

(I can't get you out of my mind)

I think about your eyes all the time

You're beautiful, but you don't even try

(You don't even, don't even try)

Modesty is just so hard to find 

I mean that last lyric is so true. This is just a fun song to listen and sing along to and it's very unique, which is also why it's one of my favorites. Still not the most best, but a great song. 

                                 (Audio)


                               (Music video)

#16 "Lose Your Love" by Vanessa Hudgens (2006)


 

When creating this list and listening to this song for this ranking, I was not sure if I had ever heard this song before or not. It sounded really familiar but I had no recollection of this song before doing this. However, now after having listened to it multiple times I do love this song. I decided to rank this song higher than the previous one because I love the beat of it a bit more and it's more consistent and flows better. I just really love the unique vibe that this song gives off. As a kid growing up, my older sister had Vanessa Hudgen's 2008 "Identified" CD and I of course was obsessed with her songs and music videos for "Come Back To Me" and "Say Ok", so I don't know how I never got into this full 2006 album of hers. But now after hearing this song, I want to go back and listen to all her songs and albums from start to finish. This song is about her being in love with a guy that she was with but they're over now and she wants him back. So, she's asking him how she can get him back. I can't relate to this situation specifically but I'm still sure that this can be a relatable song to people who have or are going through this same thing. This song just always gets my head moving. Although, because it's still a little slower than some other songs that I will be mentioning later is also why it ranks a little lower on this list and because it can start to get a little monotonous if you over play it a lot. 

                                    (Audio)


 

#15 "Digital Love" by Meg Donnelly (2019)


 

I am not as familiar with this artist as I am with most of these other music artists on this list but I do remember seeing this song and music video when it first premiered on the Disney Channel. I wasn't watching Disney Channel at that time, but I think I was just flipping through channels or something and I saw this music video for this song on the Disney Channel at the time. So, I was already familiar with this song before creating this list, but I hadn't listened to it since 2019 when it came out. I've always thought that this song had a great message that's super relatable, especially in this day and age. As the song is all about her not wanting the typical over the phone kind of love (digital love) but an original, real love. I'm "old school" like that too and want that kind of love as well, if I was looking for love or a relationship, which I'm not. The beat of this song is great, as well. It is just a great song to sing along and vibe to. It's really catchy and definitely worth adding to your Valentine's Day music playlist or any music playlist that you have. Also, fun fact: this song actually came out on Valentine's Day in 2019. So, it's perfect for this post. 

                               (Audio w/ lyrics)


                               (Music video)

#14 "In Love For A Day" by Jordan Pruitt (2008) 


 

This is another Disney music artist that I was pretty familiar with before creating this ranking. As I grew up seeing her perform on the Disney Channel and even hearing some of her best songs in Disney Channel original movies, but this song in particular I did not know or remember at all. Although, it's weird because when I played it for the first time it did sound very familiar but probably just because her voice is very familiar to me. But anyways, I chose to rank this song higher than the previous one because I just think it's a really sweet song. As it's all about a one day, love at first sight type of love and how she hopes to reconcile with this person that she met one day. This is another song that just makes me happy to listen to and I could listen to it on repeat all day. I love the fairytale-like meaning of the song and the overall beat of the song, as well. It's definitely a must-listen to song if you haven't heard it already. 

                              (Audio)


 

#13 "He Loves Me" by McClain (2014) 


 

This was actually one of the songs that I had found and added last minute to this list of "LOVE" songs. I was not familiar with this song before creating this ranking but it's another song that I am so glad I found because it's a bop. No, it's more than a bop, it's a banger. This pop song is driven by a piano and an infectious beat that you can't not love when you hear it. In the song she sings about her loving a boy but not knowing whether or not he loves her back. To which she sings if he doesn't love her back she doesn't want to know. This is definitely an underrated song for sure. It's a great song for girls with crushes everywhere, or even boys. It's such a catchy song and one that never gets old. 

                               (Audio)


 

#12 "Unlove You" by Ashley Tisdale (2007)


 

This is a much slower and emotional song than the previous one I mentioned, but I do love it a little more for nostalgic reasons and because it makes me feel something more deep. As I can relate to this song a lot more than the previous one I talked about. I also think that this song can relate to not just a couple relationship but any kind of relationship. As she is basically singing about how it's not easy for her to get over this person that she once loved and who once loved her back. The song can get a bit too overly repetitive but it's still a great song if you listen to the lyrics. I also have just recently become obsessed with listening to all of Ashley Tisdale's old songs lately and so I just like the vibe of this song cause it brings back a lot of memories for me as a kid, always hearing this whole album on repeat from my older sister who had her CD. 

                               (Audio)


 

#11 "Love Just Is" by Hilary Duff (2003)


 

This was the only Hilary Duff CD that I had as a kid until someone stole it from me (which I'm still a bit sad about), but this is a song from that CD that I was not the most familiar with before creating this list. I listened to it here and there over the years before doing this but now I know it a lot more because I've listened to it over and over many times for this ranking. I don't really understand the meaning of this song as it's just a little bit confusing but it's so nostalgic feeling with those early 2000s vibes and it just gives me a sense of warmth and happiness while listening to it. It brings me back to being a kid listening to this CD on repeat in my bedroom. I remember that like it was yesterday. Basically, in this song she sings about loving someone but she doesn't know why and can't make sense of it. She just loves that person because as she says, "Love just is, whatever it may be", which is a little confusing to me because I'm like, "How do you not know why you love someone?". I guess love's just confusing. Lol. But despite the confusing lyrics, I still love this song a lot and I think a lot of people can relate to this song especially the part when she sings, "Nothing's ever what it seems / In your life or in your dreams / It don't make sense, what can you do? / So, I won't try making sense of you". That can really relate to anything in life not just relationships. 

                                  (Audio)


                             (Interview w/ Hilary Duff about the song)

#10 "The Way I Loved You" by Selena Gomez (2009) 


 

This is a really beautiful and emotional "LOVE" song. The only reason why I didn't rank it higher on this list is because it is a slower song, but that doesn't take away from how great this song is. This is also a song I was very familiar with before creating this list because I have had Selena Gomez's Kiss & Tell CD since it first came out. This was never my favorite song on the CD either, but again it's still a great song and much better than all the previous songs I already mentioned. This song is so relatable and it kind of makes me want to cry whenever I listen to it. It also can kind of go with any relationship in your life not just a couple relationship. As this song is about one's first love ending and feeling like, even though she's moved on, that her next love won't ever be the same as that first love. Again, it's just very sweet and and an emotional song that makes you feel all the feels. 

                                  (Audio)


 

#9 "Need A Little Love" by Hannah Montana (aka Miley Cyrus) ft. Sheryl Crow (2010)


 

I'm actually shocked myself that I ranked this song pretty high on this list because I've never been the biggest fan of this song. But after listening to all these other songs, I do think that this song is a lot better and I appreciate it more now than I ever did before. Mostly, because of the great message and the beat really starts to grow on you after a while. I definitely listened to this song more times than I needed to for this ranking. But hey, what can I say, it's a good song. This song is basically just about, as the title suggests, everyone needing love in their lives and love being what makes the world go round. As one of my favorite verses and a really relatable one from the song goes, 

When the darkness leaves you lonely 

Or the world tries to push you away 

When your sky is looking troubled 

You can count on me, 'cause I'm gonna stay

(I'm gonna stay)

This is just a really meaningful song and one that I can relate to my faith as well. 'Cause God is love, and everyone needs God and Jesus in their life. 

                                 (Audio)


 

#8 "Love Me For Me" by Ashley Tisdale (2007)


 

It's crazy how like as a kid you hear a song but you don't really think about or know what they mean until you get older and really can decipher the lyrics and understand and appreciate the song more than you ever did before. This is that kind of song for me. Like I mentioned before, I grew up hearing every song from this album on repeat but I didn't remember this song as well as I did some of the others on this same album before doing this ranking. Let alone knowing or understanding what it meant or what the message was. Now that I've listened to this song too many times to even count, I really like it for the message and not just for the beat. As this song is all about her telling this guy that she will not change who she is for anybody, that if he's going to love her he better love her for who she is not what he wants her or expects her to be. I just think this song is a great message to anyone about the importance of loving yourself and not bending to someone else's expectations. That's definitely important for a relationship but also just for anything in general. So, the meaning of this song is why I had to rank it higher than the previous song and message, 'cause I think this one is even more of an important message, especially for girls in this day and age. Also, my favorite verse from the song is when she sings, 

Don't think you're gonna change what's inside of me

Make me who you want me to be

Won't be someone I'm not

Somebody else, someone else

Love me with all my imperfections 

Not an image of your design 

Love me for what you see inside 

because it's always more important what's on the inside and not what's on the outside. 

                                  (Audio)


 

#7 "Contagious Love" by Zendaya and Bella Thorne (2013)


 

This is another song that was really hard for me to rank but I chose to put it before all the other songs that I've already mentioned because I love the positive message of the song a lot and also because it's just very nostalgic to me. I still remember exactly when and where I was when the music video for this song premiered on the Disney Channel, as I do with all the Shake It Up music videos. You already know that I have always been a huge fan of Shake It Up, so I of course already knew this song very well before going in to do this ranking. Fun fact: this song (not the music video) was actually released on Valentine's Day in 2013, so it's perfect for this post today. I not only love the whole vibe of the music video but I also love the whole old school hip-hop vibe of the song itself. This song is all about sharing and spreading love always and just living life to the fullest, enjoying every moment. One of my favorite verses in the song is when Zendaya sings, 

These are the times that we live fo' (Fo')

So do it big, make it count, reel it in slow (Slow)

'Cause the clock don't stop, time won't stand still (Still)

You steal every moment that you can feel

This is a very important reminder to anyone and everyone, and very relatable. This song is just a feel-good dance song and one that never gets old. 

                                (Audio)


                               (Music video)

           (Interview w/ Zendaya and Bella Thorne talking about the song and music video)



#6 "Your Love's Like" by Sabrina Carpenter (2015)


 

This is a song that I had never heard before, or did not remember hearing at all, before creating this list. However, I am familiar with a lot of Sabrina Carpenter's songs, just not this one. Now that I've listened to it a few times for this ranking and after hearing it from a video that my little sister (celebrategoodtimesblog.blogspot.com) created for her blog, it solidified my love for this song. At first I didn't have it this high on the ranking but then, like I said before, after listening to it a few times and watching my sister's video with this song in it, I really grew to love this song. Also, fun fact, this song mentions the words Valentine's Day, which is perfect for today and perfect for any "LOVE" or Valentine's Day music playlist. I love the feeling that this song gives me. I can't explain it into words, but it just makes me feel happy and at ease. You'll understand yourself if you listen to the song. It also seems like a great song to play during the spring/summer months. As that's just what it also makes me think of. This song is all about someone describing the love they receive from their lover and what that's like. I'm not that good at explaining songs in words, so just take a listen for yourself below. 

                                   (Audio)


 

#5 "Bleeding Love" by Jesse McCartney (2008) 


 

Okay, we all know that this is an iconic song that you more than likely always listen to Leona Lewis sing. But if you didn't already know, Jesse McCartney is actually the one who wrote the song. However, he did include a version of him singing it as a bonus track on his 2008 "Departure" album and that is this one that I'm talking about now. I love, love, love this song but the only reason why it doesn't rank the highest is because I am of course more used to, and prefer, Leona Lewis's version of it. But, don't get me wrong, this version is still great. Obviously, as it still ranks high on this list. This is a pop song with R&B undertones to it, which I love. Lyrically, this song is about someone in a relationship who is extremely blinded by love. They keep thinking about that person so much that it hurts, it's like bleeding cause it cuts them open. Despite the fact that they keep getting emotionally hurt by their lover and ignores what their friends have to say about it, they continue to love that person and accepts the pain. You can't not love this song, regardless of who actually sings it. Again, both versions are great and the song itself is just amazing. Jesse's is just more romantic and delicate while Leona's is more dramatic and powerful. This song really makes me feel something which is what a great song should do. 

                                 (Audio)


               (Grammy interview w/ Jesse McCartney talking about the song)

#4 "Love That Lets Go" by Hannah Montana (aka Miley Cyrus) ft. Billy Ray Cyrus (2010)


 

Ahh, this song is just so beautiful, meaningful, and touching. I knew from the very start of creating this list that this song was going to rank high and honestly I wanted to rank it even higher than at #4, but the only reason why I didn't is because it makes me really sad and emotional. I start to tear up every time I hear it. It was especially hard for me to want to even listen to this song a couple weeks ago just because it was really hitting home for me. As someone very close to me was going through something at the time of listening to this and so it was an emotional time for me as well and every time I turned this song on I got even more sad. So, warning do not listen to this song if you are already sad. But now that things are better I really do love this song and even before things got bad, I've always loved and appreciated this sentimental song. Although, again, because it's not a song that I would choose to listen to all the time is why I couldn't rank it higher on this list. However, I love, love, love the meaning of this song. Miley and her dad had some great father/daughter duets/songs on the show and this is one of them. This song is all about a daughter being ready to "fly the coop" and live her life as an adult because she's growing up and how her and her dad have to come to terms with the reality of her growing up. It's just such a sweet and sentimental song that I can relate to a lot, being someone that's really close with my own dad. So, I totally get all the emotion behind this song and had to put this song above all the others I've already mentioned for those reasons. This song also goes perfectly with the quote, "When you truly love someone, you'll let them go". 

                                    (Audio)


 

#3 "How Do You Love Someone" by Ashley Tisdale (2009)


 

When I first added this to the list of "LOVE" songs from Disney Channel stars, I had no idea what to expect when I was to listen to it because I had never heard it before, but after listening to it I fell in love with it (not literally though). At first I was like, "What is this song?" but then when I got to the first pre-chorus and the chorus after that, and everything after that, it really stuck with me. I replayed this song so many times that after the ninth time in a row I had to be like, "Okay, that's enough Alyssa". There's just something about this song, and maybe it's just the phase I'm in, that gets me every time. I can also really relate to what she sings in the chorus of the song. As I think anyone can at one point in their lives. The song is all about someone trying to point out the question of how to find the balance of love in a relationship (whether it's with parents, friends, or a lover) when the past holds memories of pain and unsolved conflicts. As she also sings about never having good examples of love around her, so that affects her own perception of what love is and therefore it also affects her relationships. I know, it's a pretty deep song. Even though this song is supposed to be so emotional and deep and kind of sad, it doesn't really make me sad when I listen to it. In fact, I just love to sing the song at the top of my lungs. It's so catchy and one that I just couldn't stop listening to and couldn't get out of my mind the whole time while doing this. 

                                  (Audio)


 

#2 "Love You Like A Love Song" by Selena Gomez (2011) 


 

This is an iconic song from Selena Gomez, one of her best, and obviously one of my most favorites out of all the other songs on this list. This song is just so nostalgic to me. Every time I listen to it it just takes me back to Summer 2011. This is also one of the most catchiest songs on this list because it's so repetitive but in a very good way. You can play it on "repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat" and never get sick of it (ha, see what I did there 😉). This is just one of the ultimate "LOVE" songs and for good reason. This is a mid-tempo, electropop and dance-pop song with a Euro disco rhythm, which makes it stand out and what makes me love it the most. Lyrically, the song talks about someone and how crazy in love they are at the very beginning stage of a love relationship. Do I even need to explain any further why I love this song so much and why it's so great? I mean what's not to love about this song? If you've heard it, you know how great it is. Enough said. 

                                   (Audio)

                               
                                 (Music Video)




#1 "One Love" by Jordan Pruitt (2008) 


 

This is my FAVORITE and the BEST "LOVE" song on this list because what can I say...it just is. No, but for real, this song is amazing. I don't know what it is about this song, but ever since I saw Jordan Pruitt perform this song at the 2008 Disney Channel Games and I listened to it non-stop when I got the Radio Disney Jams 11 CD as a kid, I've always loved this song. I had this song in the back of my mind the whole time while listening to all these other songs to create this ranking. I knew it would be #1. This is just a very underrated song, in my opinion. I wish more people would talk about this song, but that's okay, 'cause I'll talk about it all day every day. (Just kidding. That was a little bit of an exaggeration.) I love the meaning of this song, the beat, just EVERYTHING about it. It's catchy, fun to sing along to, and I never get sick of playing it over and over. It also just makes me the most happy to listen to and that's important. This song is all about how sometimes we doubt love and who is right for us but in this song she is saying that she believes in herself and in her heart that the one she is with is the one. One of my favorite parts of this song is the bridge when she sings, 

Some get 'em for the money 

Some get 'em for the fame 

Some play it like a game, just because they can

I'm in it cause, I wanna be

Boy, you were made for me, stay with me

Baby, you know

Oh oh, ooh yeah

I think that's so true in that a lot of people are in a relationship with someone for all the wrong reasons (fame, money, clout) and I love how she says that she's not in it for those reasons but because she really loves him and she knows in her heart that he is the one for her.   

                                   (Audio)


 

💓💗💓💗💓💗💓💗💓💗💓💗💓💗

Well, that concludes A Ranking Of Every "LOVE" Song From Disney Channel Stars and my first ever Valentine's Day post. I had so many other good ideas for some more Valentine's Day posts but unfortunately I wasn't able to get around to completing them by today. But I loved doing this ranking and I hope that you enjoyed reading it. I liked that I was able to discover some new songs that I had never even heard of before and hopefully I was able to introduce you to some that you never knew about either. Now, I'm going to go make sure all of these songs are added to my Valentine's Day music playlist for now and in the future, and I suggest you do the same. Let me know in the comments below what your favorite "LOVE" song is that I mentioned and come Back to Disney soon for more! Also, don't forget to hit the follow button so that you get notified when I post. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!💕🌹🍫

 


 

 

 

 

 










No comments:

Post a Comment