Thursday, January 27, 2022

A RANKING OF ALL THE 22ND EPISODES FROM DISNEY CHANNEL'S ANIMATED SHOWS (PART 3)

 

  Welcome Back to Disney! I hope you've been enjoying my last couple of posts on A Ranking Of All The 22nd Episodes From Disney Channel Shows. Today, I am continuing that post with A Ranking Of All The 22nd Episodes From Disney Channel's Animated Shows, Part 3 of my first New Year's post. I have to be honest, I don't watch a lot of TV these days (mostly just YouTube) but when I am not watching YouTube, I am watching Disney Plus. But animated shows, whether on cable, YouTube, or any other online streaming site like Disney Plus, are not my first go-to picks when I want to watch something. For some reason, anything animated is hard for me to watch. My attention span is just usually awful when trying to watch them. I don't know why, I just can't focus on them like I used to when I was a kid. Does anyone else feel the same way? No, just me. Okay. No, but for real though,  when I really do feel like watching a cartoon or an animated series I automatically think of and go back to Disney (ha, see what I did there). Disney Channel, or now Disney Plus, has always had some of the best animated shows (and movies) that is why I thought it would be fun to add them to this ongoing New Year's post and rank them from the least and most best. I've also never talked about Disney Channel's animated shows on this blog, so this is the first of hopefully many more to come. 😉 So, let's get into A Ranking Of All The 22nd Episodes From Disney Channel's Animated Shows (Part 3)! 

Just a brief note before we begin: As I mentioned in my first New Year's post, I decided to rank the Disney Channel animated shows separately from the live-action Disney Channel shows just because comparing the two types of shows and ranking them together really isn't fair, in my opinion. Also, I included every animated show on Disney Plus, except the ones that originally aired on Disney Junior or Playhouse Disney. These are just the Disney animated shows that I remember being played on the Disney Channel. Also, as I've mentioned in my previous posts, these are the 22nd episodes from each show that Disney Plus has marked as the 22nd episode, as of now. So, if you see a different 22nd episode somewhere else online, that is just because Disney Plus may have them wrong, but Disney Plus is still what I went by when doing this ranking. Okay, now let's get into it. 

(from least to most favorite)...

#12 Recess S3E22 "Good Luck Charm / Diggers Split Up"


 

This is a show I came across on Disney Plus after I had actually watched all the other episodes on this list and decided to add it to this ranking last minute. I do remember some things from this show from when I was younger, as although it originally aired on ABC as part of Disney's One Saturday Morning block, Disney Channel did end up playing reruns of it on their channel. Supposedly this show had six seasons, but only the first three of them are on Disney Plus, and this was also the only season that had a 22nd episode.  Because this is a 90's cartoon, it is more mature looking than a lot of these other animated shows, which makes it also stand out a lot more than the others. The only reason this is my least favorite out of all the other episodes on this list is because it just simply isn't the best when compared to all the others. It does have great lessons in it, but it's not one that I would choose to watch over and over again. This 22nd episode has two episodes in one. In the first half of this episode Vince shows his friend group his marble that he considers to be lucky and Spinelli borrows it in order to pass a test. She ends up acing the test and therefore begins testing the "lucky" abilities of this marble. Until, she ends up dropping it in an outdoor vent, therefore losing it on the day that Vince needs it the most. In the end, when she tells Vince what happened, he does forgive her as he finds a new good luck charm (a shiny nickel). The lesson in this being that self-confidence makes you "lucky" not tangible or materialistic things. The second half of this episode touches on the true meaning of friendship. As the Diggers have a fight and decide to go their separate ways which then prompts the gang to want to get them to be friends again, because the Diggers' being upset at each other is not working out, as it's now affecting everyone on the playground. In the end, they (the Diggers) do reconcile and everyone's able to enjoy their recess. After watching this whole episode, I do prefer the first half of this episode over the second half. Again, there were some great lessons learned throughout this episode, but it is just not my favorite episode compared to all the others I will talk about. 

#11 Phineas & Ferb S1E22 "Oil on Candace"


 

This episode has two episodes in one, but I chose not to include the first half of this episode because it is a Halloween episode. (Like, I said before, I am not including any holiday-themed episodes in this ranking.) So, that is why you only see the title of the second half of this episode. This doesn't go lower on this list for that reason, though. Just after watching all the animated Disney Channel show's 22nd episodes this was one that stood out the least. Honestly, it was a toss up between this episode and the previous episode but I decided to rank this one before the other one because it was funnier. I like when a show can make me laugh and it still have a great message to go along with it, and this episode does just that. I mean you can always count on a Phineas & Ferb episode to make you laugh. In this episode, when the kids are at an art museum examining an exhibit by Django's dad, they are amazed at his talent and Phineas says to Django that he must get his artistic talent from his dad. However, Django is doubtful of his own talent throughout the episode, because everything his dad creates is always on such a larger scale. When he pulls out a card that he made for his dad and thinks that his dad won't appreciate it, Phineas and Ferb then decide to help Django recreate that card to his dad on a much larger scale by painting it on the famous Unpainted Desert. Then all of the crazy shenanigans that Phineas and Ferb always get themselves into happens, while Candace again tries to bust her brothers. In the end, Django's dad ends up seeing Django's original card and admires that more than the larger, grand scale gift that Django, Phineas, and Ferb tried to create for him. Which teaches a lesson that sometimes smaller things are more special and valuable than big, grand things and to just believe in yourself and your ability. Never question or compare your creative ability to someone else's. So, I guess this does actually have a way better message than the previous episode that I mentioned. The other part of this episode, of course, revolves around Dr. Doofenshmirtz as he is just trying to impress his old, evil science teacher because she has always disliked him and he just wants to make a good impression on her. 

#10 American Dragon: Jake Long S2E22 "Siren Says" 


 

This is another show I forgot about and so when I was scrolling through all the animated shows on Disney Plus I also decided to add it to this ranking last minute. I remember this show as a kid mainly for its theme song, therefore I don't have any recollection of any of its episodes. So, much like the Recess episode, watching this episode was new for me. In this episode, when Jake enters a bachelor auction at his school in order to get back into the realm of dating, two girls Danika and Vicky compete in bids for him. Throughout the episode, one of the girls they consider to be the "pretty one" and the other the "sci-fi nerd". Jake ends up rigging the event so that the "pretty" girl wins. However, his skin-deep perception is criticized. As Grandpa, Fu Dog, Spud, and Trixie try to convince him that Danika is just a siren bent on his destruction after he displays hypnotic behavior around her which leads him into increasingly dangerous situations. Big plot twist though, cause in the end Danika ("the pretty one") is actually the normal human and not the evil Siren, which is Vicky. Something I did not see coming when I watched this episode. I thought the story was going to go somewhere very different. Well, while Vicky tries to use her Siren powers to get Jake, Spud, and Fu to attack Trixie, Trixie knocks her out using a shield, thus ending the spell. Trixie and Jake both realize in this episode that they made presumptions based on peoples' looks and that they were both wrong for that. So, I love the lesson of not judging a book by its cover. However, at the very end they kind of contradict this lesson when the friends attempt to figure out what the adventure has taught them, they only realize that there's not one. As they say no matter what they think the moral is, the same thing would have happened anyways. So, I don't know if they really understood the lesson or not. The ending has me kind of confused, but that's not the only reason why this episode goes lower on this list. I also didn't like one of the words that they used in this episode, one that I refuse to even type. But other than that, this is not the worst episode, but it's also not my most favorite either. It is just okay. Also, I put it before the Phineas & Ferb episode I just mentioned previously because it was a little more interesting to watch (as some Phineas & Ferb episodes can be monotonous) and they did fool me with the plot twist at the end. It's kind of rare to watch an episode and the ending not turn out how you expected it would. So, I have to give this episode props for that. 

#9 Fish Hooks S2E22 "Fish Prom Parts 1 and 2"


 

This episode and the show itself is just so random and funny to me that it ranks above the others just for that reason alone. If there was just one word to describe this episode it would be "FUNNY", especially all of Milo's lines. This is another show that I saw here and there when it was originally airing on the Disney Channel, but I never really watched a full episode. So, like the previous one I mentioned, this episode was a new one for me. Basically, in this episode you get a bunch of different fish, prom night, and even a musical performance. No, but seriously, in this episode it's prom night at Freshwater High and the gang (the fish gang) are ready to make the most of the big night. But for Bea, when things don't work out the way she intended them to, she finds herself dancing with an unlikely admirer. Meanwhile, Milo being desperate for a date takes up an offer from Randy and when he meets his date at the prom, well let's just say it's really big and fluffy. So, in the end Bea, Oscar, Milo and the rest of the gang end up having the best night ever even though it didn't necessarily end up how they initially thought it would or wanted it to. Again, this episode just made me laugh and smile a lot while watching it and that's why it ranks a little higher on this list, and I still can't get the theme song out of my head since I watched it. 🙄 But, that's besides the point.  

#8 The Emperor's New School S2E22 "Father O' Mine / Everyone Loves Kuzco"



 

I remember watching The Emperor's New Groove movie a lot as a kid for some reason, but I don't remember watching this show as much. So, this is not an episode I was familiar with before watching it for this ranking. This 22nd episode has two episodes in one much like the others. In the first half of this episode, "Father O' Mine", a man shows up to Kuzco's door claiming to be Kuzco's dad (the previous emperor). But viewers learn and Kuzco sees that he is really an imposter just trying to take over the throne. So, it's up to Pacha, Kuzco, Yzma, and Kronk to stop him before it's too late. I like how in this episode, it dives a little deeper into Kuzco's family and his backstory as we learn that his dad was actually lost at sea. In the second half of this episode, "Everyone Loves Kuzco", in the hopes of getting Kuzco to completely neglect his studies and fail, Yzma makes a turkey with a potion in it and has Kronk trick Kuzco into eating the turkey that makes him irresistible to girls and everything else. This is my favorite half of the episode because it was a lot more funny and just more fun and interesting to watch. Also, Miley Cyrus voices a character at the beginning of this half of the episode which I thought was funny and random, as well. But the episode as a whole is just one that stood out a little more to me than the previous ones I've talked about and it is one that I wouldn't mind watching again. This is also just a pretty unique and different type of animated show than a lot of the others as well, which makes it stand out more in general.   

#7 The Proud Family S2E22 "Monkey Bidness"


 

This is another show and episode that is so random with the things they say but it makes it so funny, which makes it worth watching. This is another Disney Channel show that I remember watching as a kid when it was airing on the channel, but I didn't watch it a whole lot. So, I wasn't as familiar with this episode before creating this list. This is another episode that has an iconic guest star, which is Mariah Carey. She plays a pretty big role in this episode, as she is featured pretty much throughout the whole thing. In this episode, when Mariah Carey's pet monkey (Francois) passes out from eating a Proud Snack, he gets taken to Trudy's vet office. Meanwhile, Oscar takes Mr. Chips to see Trudy, but ends up forgetting about him when he sees Mariah Carey there and starts to flirt with her. Mr. Chips and Francois get switched and Oscar, thinking he's Mr. Chips, tries to make money off of Francois because the monkey can play the piano. In the meantime, the real Mr. Chips is living a luxurious life with Mariah Carey. Because I really enjoyed watching the The Proud Family's holiday-themed episodes for my previous posts, this was actually the first 22nd episode out of all these Disney Channel animated shows that I watched and it's been stuck in my mind ever since I watched it. So, you know it's a good episode. Again, this is just a great episode because of the funny little things that the characters do and for the funny, random comments that they say. Like when Oscar says to Mariah Carey in the episode, "Can you sign my heart". 😂 Another funny part of this episode is the random mariachi band that would come up in some of the scenes and repeat the lines that the other characters would say. You just have to watch this episode to understand what I'm talking about. 

#6 Phineas & Ferb S3E22 "Agent Doof / Phineas & Ferb and the Temple of Juatchadoon"

 



Like most of these episodes on this list, this 22nd episode from Phineas & Ferb has two episodes in one. The first half being my favorite of the two. Let's just say there's babies, a robber, and a musical moment in this half of the episode. Lol. No, but for real, in the first half of this episode. When Candace and Phineas & Ferb's mom (Linda) decides to attend Vivian's aunt's sister's landlord's son's baby shower, she leaves Candace in charge to watch over Phineas and Ferb. As at the beginning, Candace thinks that the role of a mom is not hard at all (taking care of kids), however after her plans to watch over Phineas and Ferb backfires she learns that it's not such an easy job after all. This realization happens after Dr. Doofenshmirtz' "Babe-inator" turns her brothers into babies and it's not so easy for her (Candace) to take care of her brothers (Phineas and Ferb) as babies. Not only that, but you see typical Candace throughout this episode, try to bust her brothers yet again because she believes that Phineas and Ferb caused this situation to happen. Of course, to no avail. Meanwhile, when Dr. Doofenshmirtz decides to give up his evil ways after an experiment of his fails, he shows up at the OWCA. Therefore, Agent P has no choice but to show Dr. Doofenshmirtz how to be good. But after Dr. Doofenshmirtz accidentally exposes the identity of a fellow animal agent, things quickly turn sour. This half of the episode is just really funny with the song about babies, seeing Phineas and Ferb as babies, the robber part was also funny, just everything about it makes for a great episode. The second half of this episode isn't as funny as the first half, but it's still a good and interesting episode to watch. Basically, in the second half of this episode Phineas and Ferb are explorers as they travel back to the summer of 1914 to locate and retrieve the lost Amulet of Juatchadoon. After they accomplish this, they adventure to Central America to help Damsel in Distress, Isabella, find her missing mother at the Lost Temple of Juatchadoon. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz wants to use the amulet to awaken the evil corn colossus that will give him the power to destroy the world. I found this overall episode (the first and second half) to be more interesting and fun to watch compared to the others I've already talked about, so that is why it ranks higher on this list than those. 

#5 Phineas & Ferb S4E22 "Operation Crumb Cake / Mandace"



 

This is the third 22nd episode that Phineas & Ferb has on Disney Plus and my most favorite out of the three because both segments of the episode are good, solid, classic Phineas & Ferb episodes. They both made me laugh and they both kept my attention the most throughout. The first half of this episode is about Isabella sending a letter to Phineas admitting her true feelings for him. But she then instantly regrets her decision after talking with her Nana and desperately tries to get the letter back with the help of the other Fireside Girls, before Phineas reads it. This designates the mission and the title of this episode "Operation Crumb Cake" (hence, because she calls Phineas "little crumb cake" in the letter). The subplot involves Dr. Doofenshmirtz as he invents an Unretrograde-inator to reverse his bad luck. The second half of this episode is basically all about Candace and how she questions why boys are so complicated and hard to understand. These questions start after she invites Jeremy to go to the movies with her and he just tells her "cool" and she doesn't exactly know what he meant by "cool". Meanwhile, in an effort to get warm pizza Dr. Doofenshmirtz invents an "inator" to disguise himself as the local pizza delivery boy, however Candace is the one who gets hit by the ray and turns into a pizza delivery boy. But she (Candace) uses this delivery boy appearance as a chance to find out what makes boys tick. Both of these segments that make up this whole episode are very funny and we get to see a little bit more of each couple we ship from the series (Phineas and Isabella as well as Candace and Jeremy). Again, this is just a classic, great, interesting and must-watch episode and one that stood out the most compared to some of the other episodes I've talked about previously. It is also one that is more relatable to people in real life who are in relationships or people that have crushes on a guy/girl and to all girls in general who don't understand boys and their minds. 

#4 Lilo & Stitch S2E22 "Remmy"


 

This is another show that I remember watching when I was younger but I don't really remember any of the episodes. So, even with this episode in particular, some of the scenes looked familiar but I didn't know anything about this episode at all before watching it in order to create this ranking. Having said that, I really do like this show and this episode in particular. It's just a cute animated show that makes me happy when I watch it, as it makes me feel like a kid again. Lilo & Stitch has only two 22nd episodes and this one, although it's my least favorite of the two, is still a great episode and one that stayed in my head throughout creating this ranking. In this episode, it is the anniversary of the day that Lilo and Nani's parents passed away. So, they both feel very sad and depressed, especially Lilo. While Lilo takes a nap to deal with her sadness her sister tries to find a way to make Lilo (and herself) feel better. However, when Experiment 276 is activated and enters Lilo's dream, Stitch, Jumbo, and Pleakly try to do everything they can to capture 276 before Lilo wakes up. The reason being, because if Lilo regains consciousness while 276 is still inside her dream, the experiment will remain inside of her mind forever and turn all of her future dreams into nightmares. In the end, in order for Lilo to overcome her miseries and turn her nightmares back into dreams her sister gives Pleakly an old family photo and tells him to go into Lilo's dream to give it to her. Pleakly does this and it helps Lilo remember the happy times. Ultimately, turning her nightmarish surroundings into a peaceful dream of her and her sister with their parents on the beach having a picnic, which defeats and captures 276. This episode is just really sweet. I love the sister bond that Nani and Lilo have. All of the Lilo & Stitch episodes that I have watched so far have a great message and lesson at the end, which I love. I love how this one was about family and remembering to stay happy. The moral of the story being that when dealing with death and loss it is very important to not go through it alone because the support of loved ones can help. The only reason why this episode doesn't go higher on this list is because it is an episode that makes me more sad, as anyone who has lost a loved one can really feel for Lilo and Nani in this episode. But I love the vibes this show/episode gives off and this plot line was just really sweet and creative. I would definitely watch this episode again, as well. 

#3 Lilo & Stitch S1E22 "Melty"

 


This is another great 22nd episode from Lilo & Stitch and my favorite of the two that this show has on Disney Plus. I ranked this one higher than the other just because it is more funny and not as sad as the previous episode from the show I talked about. As in this episode, Lilo falls into a mud puddle in front of her crush (Keoni) when trying to catch a melting experiment that is wrecking havoc on Nani's hotel. Therefore, in order to try and erase her embarrassment, she uses Jumba's time-traveling invention. However, each time she tries to change the past it creates a progressively worse future. In the end, Lilo realizes that she must live moments as they are meant to be or occur and therefore she decides to repeat her embarrassing fall in front of Keoni. It all works out because Keoni later comes to cheer her up. So, we get another great lesson and message from this episode and that is about not dwelling on the past and the importance of learning from your mistakes so that you can just do better in the future. In other words, be more accepting of your mistakes because they got you where you are today for a reason, and if you're just dwelling on the past you're not living for today and it will cause you to lose sight of the future. I love that message and that is definitely something I am still trying to apply to my own life. But like Nani says to Lilo in this episode, "You shouldn't go back in time because even if today was bad the best thing to do is move on and try to do better tomorrow".  (Wow, I know, that's really deep.)

#2 Kim Possible S2E22 "Sick Day / Truth Hurts"



 

If you remember my very first post on this blog, then you know that Kim Possible has been my favorite Disney Channel animated shows ever since I was a kid. I even had a Kim Possible shirt when I was little, which now I kind of wish I still had. But anyways, that is not why this episode is one of the best 22nd episodes from all of Disney Channel's animated shows. I really tried to put my biases aside to rank these episodes and this one still came out on top. This was actually one of the first animated episodes I decided to watch for this post and it didn't disappoint. This is another episode that has two episodes in one, or two segments, halves, whatever you want to call it. In the first half of this episode titled "Sick Day". despite her best efforts not to, Kim catches a cold from her brothers (Jim and Tim) so she must stay confined in her bed sick. However, Kim still decides to take on a mission even though she's not feeling well. As she must guard a top secret device known as "Ray X". Of course, Shego and Drakken arrive on the scene and are able to grab the device that Kim is trying to guard and they escape with it, but not before Shego takes one of Kim's sneezes to the face. Then Kim's mother ends up grounding her (Kim), forcing Kim to stay in bed for real and leaving Ron to get the Ray X back. When that doesn't work out and Ron ends up with the cold, Drakken and his "temporary lackey villain" re-steal the device. Therefore then causing Jim, Tim, and Rufus to take it upon themselves to go on the mission and try to get back the device, which again, ends up being a failed attempt. In the end, Kim saves her brothers, fights Shego as per usual (except for pausing to sneeze), catches Hank, and finally destroys the Ray X. However, the irony is that the Ray X was meant to cure the common cold. In the second half of this episode, and my personal favorite of the two segments, Kim and Ron rescue a captured scientist only to get hit by Dr. Drakken's "Truth Ray" along the way. This forces them to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (even when they want to resist from doing so) until the effect wears off. Until that time, they are stuck with rather awkward situations, especially Kim. As her dad's bosses from the Space Center come over for dinner and she says things that, well, maybe shouldn't be said out loud to anyone. In the end, the story about the Truth Ray is confirmed by the scientist that Kim (and Ron) saved at the beginning in front of her dad and his bosses, thus saving her dad's (Dr. Possible) career, and the next day the effects wear off leaving everyone back to normal. To Kim this is good, but to Ron he doesn't think so, because he now goes back to not being able to talk to girls that he likes. As his low self-esteem has returned. So, the second-half of this episode is way funnier than the first, but together they still make for a great episode. Although this episode doesn't have any direct messages like the previous episode I mentioned, it is still an episode I would choose to watch first over the previous one that I talked about, so that is why I ranked it at #2.

#1 Kim Possible S4E22 "Graduation (Part 2)"


 

This is the BEST and my most favorite 22nd episode from a Disney Channel animated show. I mean, what can I say? I just favor this show/episode more than all these other shows/episodes on this list. This is kind of a bittersweet episode and one that has a little bit of everything (comedy, romance, action, etc) because it is actually not only the last episode of the fourth season but of the whole series. This is the second half of the series finale so it's all it's own episode. There are not two parts or two halves of it. I like that at the beginning of this episode it shows "previously on", since I obviously had to start with this episode and therefore skip Part 1 of it. Basically, in this episode with Kim and Drakken captive, Ron and Shego must race to rescue them from the Clutches of Warmonga and Warhok. So, in this episode we actually get to see the four of them (Kim, Ron, Shego, and Drakken) work together to find a way to save the world from an alien invasion. They do just that, just in time for Kim and Ron to graduate high school and we finally get that Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable kiss at the end. There are some really sweet moments in this episode, like when Ron says, "If Kim is lost in the stars, I'm gonna find her". His love for her is just so sweet and evident in this episode. There's also a great message in this episode, as Ron fears change with high school graduation approaching but Kim assures him that "Graduation is not the end of the world". I can definitely relate to Ron in this episode because I tend to fear change a lot as well and it's something that I'm trying to get better at not doing or feeling. As even I felt the same way he did at my own high school and even my college graduation. But what Kim said to him is right, it was never the end of the world, just the start of a new one (a new chapter in your life).  

Well, that concludes A Ranking Of All The 22nd Episodes From Disney Channel's Animated Shows (Part 3).  I really enjoyed ranking these episodes because it's not often at all that I actually sit down and choose to watch an episode from a Disney Channel animated show, or any animated show in general. As like I said before, I just don't have the same attention span as I did when I was a kid watching these shows. But honestly, after watching them, these are some great, fun and interesting episodes to watch. In fact, I plan on trying to set aside more time to try and watch all of these episodes from these shows from start to finish. Again, I never talk about animated shows on here much, so I am happy I finally got to and I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts and opinions about them on here, as well. Have you seen any of these episodes I mentioned? Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below and come Back to Disney tomorrow for Part 4!💙



 



No comments:

Post a Comment