Saturday, October 9, 2021

Every Song from The Cheetah Girls: One World, Ranked

 

Welcome Back to Disney! I hoped you enjoyed my post yesterday where I created A Definitive Ranking of Every Song from The Cheetah Girls 2. I am back today with my last Cheetahlicious post (I know sad right?), where I have created a list of Every Song from The Cheetah Girls: One World, Ranked. The Cheetah Girls: One World is the third and final installment of the Cheetah Girls franchise and it takes place in India. Which makes it one of the few, if not only, DCOMs to be set in India. In this movie the Cheetah Girls go to India to appear in a Bollywood musical. But, the director can choose only one of them for the role, which they didn't know about before they actually auditioned for the role. Therefore, this makes for a very interesting plot twist. This is also the only Cheetah Girls movie that features just three of the Cheetah sisters (Aqua, Dorinda, and Chanel). I was only eleven when this movie came out but I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I first watched the premiere of this movie. I must have been a harsh critic at that age, because I remember not even being excited or wanting to see this movie at first. As it has never really been my favorite of the three movies. But I can say now, after watching it back (as I have recently done), that it's not as bad as I once thought it was. But it's still my least favorite out of all the Cheetah Girls movies. I just always found the plot to be a little all over the place. As the main plot seems to get a bit blurred cause there are too many subplots to focus on. I also feel like the ending was a little abrupt. But, I will say that the music in this movie made up for a lot of this. I mean the music is really the only reason why I love to watch this movie. All the songs in this movie offer a mix of Pop with Indian undertones. Especially in the movie's most notable song, "One World", which I will speak more about later. So, those are some reasons why I thought it would be fun to rank all the songs in this movie. 

A brief note before we begin: this ranking includes all of the songs that were included in the movie, as well as the extended version, and on the soundtrack. Also, when I am ranking these songs, I am also ranking the performances of them in the movie. So, not just the song itself, but the overall scene/performance of it in the movie. Now, let's get into Every Song from The Cheetah Girls: One World, Ranked. 

(from last to first)....

#12 Crazy on the Dance Floor

This is my least favorite song from the movie just because when compared to all the others it's just not the best. The beat of this song kind of reminds of a Britney Spears song (#FreeBritney), which is cool, but it's not a song that sticks out to me. This is the song that plays in the background when the Cheetah Girls are just arriving to India. This song is sung by Sabrina Bryan who plays Dorinda in the movie. I love that you get to hear a solo song by her, but it's just a normal dance song that's fun to put on when you want to party. As it's just all about, as the title suggests, going crazy on the dance floor. Nothing else special to it other than that. 

#11 Circle Game 

 This is another song that is not the most memorable from the movie, at least to me. It's very catchy, but that's really all it is. This song is sung by Kiely Williams who plays Aqua in the movie. I think she sings this song on the balcony before the audition. This song definitely gets stuck in your head once you listen to it. The meaning of the song is also good and really relatable, which is one reason why I put it above the previous song. The beat is better than the previous song, as well. As it's all about when someone is in and out of love with someone else and they're playing a circle game that you don't want to play, but you play it anyways because you are just lost in love with this person. That is just one way to look at the song and relate to it. So, the song's not terrible, but it's just not my favorite. 

#10 Stand Up 

I love this song. This song is sung by Adrienne Bailon who plays Chanel in the movie. The only reason why I put it lower is because when compared to all the other songs in the movie this one is still not one of the best or my most favorite. But, I love the message of this song and the beat. It really gets my head banging and my shoulders moving right from the start of the song, which I love. This song is all about standing up and having fun. It also sends the message about making now, today, this moment the best time of your life. It also gives the message to not be afraid to stand up and stand out. In other words, just be yourself and that you can't not like something if you don't try it first. There's just a lot of great positive messages in this song. I actually don't remember this song as well as I do the others in the movie. However, it's the song that plays when they are in the taxi going to Amar's palace. This is another very catchy song. One of my favorite parts of this song is when she sings the "oh oh oh's". This is just a very fun, celebratory dance song. 

#9 No Place Like Us


 

This is another really good song from the Cheetah Girls. This is one of the more emotional songs from the movie. This is the song that the girls sing when they are just walking around the palace reflecting on things that have happened. This is one of those classic, feel-good songs. The only reason I put this song lower on this list is because it's not the most memorable to me. The more and more I listen to it, though, the more I like it and appreciate it. I really just love the beat and message and lesson of this song. The song is all about, as the title suggests, there being no place like a true friendship and the importance of sticking together no matter what. It also gives the message of the importance of doing things together instead of doing them alone and not sacrificing that friendship/sisterhood. They go on to sing that they could be on top of the world but it wouldn't matter if their friends weren't there with them. Cause if you're not there for each other than all you have doesn't matter. It's just such a real heartfelt, meaningful message about the importance of friendship or any relationship. All three of the girls also sound really good together in this song. 

#8 Fly Away 

 


This is an unforgettable song/scene from The Cheetah Girls: One World. To me this has always been a very unique song that the girls sing in the movie. I never really cared for or liked this song that much as a kid when watching this movie, but now I actually really enjoy it and like it. The Cheetah Girls sing this song as they are walking through the town at night during an actual Indian Festival. I love a good night scene and this is just such a beautiful song that goes along with it. I love the beat of the song (the strings in particular) and the overall meaning of the song. The song is all about the trials of a friendship and the feeling that your relationship is falling apart or changing, as the girls go through this in the movie. But, it's all about not letting that happen and not letting that friendship/relationship just "fly away". I also love that it mentions the words "pray" and "faith" in the song. So, that makes this song go even higher on this list. This song is also very catchy. I also love the harmonies, melody, and the girls voices just sound great together in this song, as well.

#7 Feels Like Love


 

This is a song/scene from The Cheetah Girls: One World that I had actually never heard or seen before, until recently. My little sister showed me this song/scene after we finished re-watching this movie. This was just a deleted song/scene from the movie that was only included on the extended version of the DVD. I really do love the song, but I can see why the scene itself didn't really fit with the rest of the movie. As it kind of didn't really go with the whole Indian vibes, as this scene feels and looks more like a summer not in India. This is just a really cute and romantic song/scene from the movie. It also gives you that good nostalgic feeling, even though I had never seen this part of the movie before. I also love the whole meaning of the song. As it's just about all the feelings/emotions you get when you start to fall in love with someone. This is the most romantic song that the Cheetah Girls sing in all their movies. I just love the fun and sweet, heartwarming feeling I get when I listen to this song. It's a great pick me up when you're having a bad day. It's also a song/scene that you will want to watch and listen to over and over. I also actually really had a hard time deciding whether to put this before "Fly Away" or not, but ultimately I chose to put it higher because I love the happiness this song brings to me. 

#6 I'm The One


 

This has always been a stand out song/scene from the movie. I love a good battle song/scene. As this is the song that the Cheetah Girls sing at the back of the palace for the audition to be the lead role. I love the choreography in this scene. It's also interesting because you also get to hear the girls' love interests in the movie sing a part of the song, too. This is just a fun song to sing and dance along to. I mean this scene really made me struggle trying to pick who's side I was on, because I like to root for all the girls. This was definitely the most intense scene to watch in the whole movie. I like when they show and sing about each other's different talents in this song/scene. There's really not a deep or inspirational message that I get from this song. As it's just about being the one for the job and they sing about the reasons why. But, I still love this song/scene so much regardless of the message. 

#5 One World 


 

This is another great song/scene from The Cheetah Girls: One World. It is the last song/scene of the movie. So, it's a big production number with palaces, elephants, horse carriages, kids dancing, colorful and beautiful fashion (Saris), dancing, and lots and lots of confetti. It is just a great way to close out the girls crazy journey in India. As the bright tone of the chorus matches perfectly with the wide array of visuals. This is obviously one of the most memorable songs/scenes from the movie, just because it is the last and they go all out in this scene. This song/scene makes you feel all the feels being that it's the last song of not just this movie but of the whole trilogy. I especially love the message of this song, as the title suggests, it's all about being one in this world even through all of our differences. Cause just like the Cheetah Girls (who are American) and the friends they meet in India, we all share one world, one love, one heart, and one song, now and forever. It's a very important message, especially with the times we are living in today. It's a very fun, celebratory song and scene. It's just such a positive song with a lot of great messages you can take from it. It's definitely one that has always been etched in my mind ever since I was a kid first watching this movie. 

#4 What If 


 

I LOVE this song so much. I have a newfound appreciation for this song/scene in the movie. I actually always forget this song/scene even exists in the movie. But, I love it for so many reasons. This is a song that is another song sung by Adrienne Bailon who plays Chanel in the movie. She sings this while she is just walking around town and the palace. It's such a simple scene, but a GREAT song. I just love the whole vibe of this song, it's so soulful and amazing. I love a good ballad and this is just that, a great ballad. This song makes me feel so many different emotions. I also love the meaning of this song. It's definitely really relatable. As the chorus goes,...

                                                  And it's breakin' my heart, tearin' me apart

                                                  It's impossible to choose 

                                                  What if I don't try? 

                                                  What if I do? 

                                                  Everything that I've dreamed right in front of me 

                                                  If I win, what would I lose? 

                                                  How could I learn to live wondering what if? 

This song is all about being so close to achieving something, like making your biggest dream a reality, but you have the fear of doing it and the price of that and/or even the questions/regrets that you will have if you choose not to go for it. Just all the "what if" when it comes to making decisions. I can definitely relate to this, which is why it's one of my most favorites and one of the best songs/scenes from The Cheetah Girls: One World.  This song just grabs you and pulls at your heartstrings in a good way. I also love listening to this song over and over. Cause it never gets old. Now, I'm questioning if I should have put it even higher. Hmmm?

#3 Cheetah Love 


 

This is another one of those classic, unforgettable songs from the Cheetah Girls. As this is the first song/scene in the whole movie. This song is sung by the Cheetah Girls during a dream sequence and on stage performance. I love this song because of the beat and the overall message. As the song title suggests, it's all about friendship/sisterhood and sticking together for life. That there's strength in numbers. It also sends the positive message that there is nothing in the world that you can't overcome, as well as the importance of loyalty, and having each other's backs no matter what. The scene itself is very sparkly and flashy as well with all the dancers and lights. It's definitely a great opening number to the movie. I also love how each of the girls get their chance to shine with their vocals and dancing. Although, I was a little disappointed that they weren't wearing any cheetah print. However, this song/scene is still just iconic. 

#2 Dance Me If You Can 


 

Okay, okay. I really LOVE this song/scene from the movie so much. There's nothing I don't love about this song/scene in the movie, except that I wish it was even longer. Cause I never wanted this song/scene to end. This is another classic and iconic song/scene from the movie and the trilogy as a whole. The dancing in this scene is just EVERYTHING. I've already told myself that I'm going to learn these dances as soon as I can in my free time. This is the scene when the Cheetah Girls are backstage on the movie set in India. I love how the Cheetah girls and the movie's choreographer (Gita) and her backup dancers start off as enemies but then learn from each other and become friends by the end of this scene. Again, I always love a good dance battle scene, and this is just that. This song is a true BOP. The combination of Bollywood and Hip Hop in this song, along with the colorful fashion gives me life. The Cheetah Girls energy while dancing during this scene is just everything and more. I could just listen to this song and watch this scene forever. It's just the best feel-good, fun dance song. 

#1 Dig A Little Deeper 


 

This is the BEST song and my most FAVORITE song/scene from The Cheetah Girls: One World. This is the most underrated bop from the Cheetah Girls. I just love everything about this song/scene, from the choreography, to the lyrics, to the setting, to the beat. This is the second song that the Cheetah Girls sing in the movie while they are at an Indian restaurant that then segues to them finishing the song on stage as they audition for the movie. I feel like this song definitely set the tone for the whole movie. I always look forward to watching this scene just to hear this song. This song/scene never gets old. Not only are their dance moves powerful but so are the lyrics. The song is all about not letting anyone/anything hold you back. That sometimes you just have to work a little harder and move a little faster to find the strength your after. In other words, you might have to dig a little deeper. Also, the positive message of checking your ego at the door, if you wanna be a leader and the importance of being a go-getter and a trend setter not a trend follower. My favorite part of the song is when they sing,...

                              Don't ask the question, "What it is you should do?" (Don't ask)

                              Just take some action, it'll come to you 

                              It's all connected, all you have to do

                             Is move baby, move baby, yeah, yeah, yeah

                             You're on a role, let it go, lose control 

                             Don't you know it's the best thing you can do? 

                            (La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la)

This is just THE MOST ICONIC and unforgettable song/scene from the movie and the trilogy as a whole. As well as the most underrated. 

Well, that concludes my list of Every Song from The Cheetah Girls: One World, Ranked and my final Cheetahlicious post (at least for now ;)). Creating this list was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I mean, I knew the #1 song from the start but it got much harder from there, because there are actually a lot of great songs in this movie. But, I finally feel like I got it down to which ones I feel are truly the least and most best. Now, I'm going to go learn the dance moves to all these dances and re-listen to all these songs, again. I mean my sister is actually listening to them right now as I am writing this (Lol). If you haven't seen this movie I highly suggest you watch it when you get the chance. Even though it's not my favorite movie from The Cheetah Girls trilogy, it's still a must-watch, especially for the songs that I mentioned here. If you have already seen this movie and/or heard these songs already before, I would love to know your favorite song(s) from the movie. So, let me know in the comment section below and come Back to Disney next week for more!

                                                

 

No comments:

Post a Comment