Saturday, December 25, 2021

THE 15 BEST DISNEY CHANNEL CHRISTMAS/HOLIDAY EPISODES

 

Welcome Back to Disney and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!💚💓🎄 I hope that you are having a beautiful and blessed day. I am gifting you today with another Christmasy post. I hope that you enjoyed my last post where I created a ranking of the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade Top 20 Performances Of All Time. As I subtly (or not so subtly) mentioned in that post, this week I decided to list and rank The 15 Best Disney Channel Christmas/Holiday Episodes


 

Disney Channel Christmas, or for those of you like me who remember it as Fa-La-La-Lidays, was the annual Christmas programming line-up on the Disney Channel from 2011-2015. It consisted of both acquired and newly-made Christmas movies and Christmas-themed episodes of the Disney Channel shows. The latter of which this post will be based off of. In 2016 Fa-La-La-Lidays was changed to Dis the Season. Then from 2017-2019 Dis the Season was switched with the 25 Days of Christmas. In 2020, it was then referred to as Holidays Unwrapped and this year (2021) it is called This Is How We Holiday. I'm not familiar with any of the other names after 2016, so it will always be Fa-La-La-Lidays to me. 

If you grew up watching Disney Channel in the era that I did, then you know how big of a deal Fa-La-La-Lidays was. If you don't remember, well here are some iconic commercials that will bring back the memories:




And let's not forget this...

Just like Halloween (Monstober) on the Disney Channel, Christmas on Disney Channel was even better. Well, in my opinion, anyways. As a kid/teen, no other channel did Christmas quite like the Disney Channel. I mean Disney Channel just had the best shows and music, especially when it came to their Christmas-themed episodes. As every Christmas/holiday season, some of our favorite Disney Channel shows embraced it with love-filled, cheerful, joyful, sometimes wacky, other times very random, but funny and heartfelt, as well as deep, meaningful storylines. And let's not forget the shows that brought us some of the best Christmas musical performances, with some originals and some covers of classic Christmas songs. The best part is that all of these Christmas/holiday episodes still hold up today and are just as fun and exciting to watch every year at Christmas time, as they were the first time they aired. There's no better time, like Christmas time, to feel like a kid again and Disney Channel (or, now Disney Plus) gives you a chance to do just that. From old Christmas music, family traditions, to classic stories, and beyond, you can take a trip down memory lane and embrace all that childhood nostalgia with The 15 Best Disney Channel Christmas/Holiday Episodes

Just a brief note before we begin: I watched every Disney Channel Christmas-themed episode, except the ones from the animated shows, because I want to save those for a future post. As I felt like it is more fair to rank those separate from the live-action Disney Channel Christmas episodes. Also, there were/are so many good Disney Channel Christmas episodes which is why I chose to rank fifteen of them instead of just ten. Now, let's get into it. 

(from least to  most favorite)...

#15 Best Friends Whenever "The Girls of Christmas Past" S1E13
 

 
This is a Disney Channel Christmas episode that really stood out to me from a lot of the others I watched. I did not watch every episode of this show when it was originally airing on Disney Channel, as I only remember watching Season 1. Although this episode is from Season 1, before making this list I was not familiar with it at all. But, having gone back to watch it this year for the first time, I really did enjoy it. First of all, I just think that the whole premise of this show is cute, fun, unique, and interesting to watch, because the two main characters can time travel. Being able to time travel back and forth in time is a superpower I would love to have. I mean, who wouldn't, right? So, I love that about this show, but that also makes the show and this episode not realistic and less relatable. But, it still works and makes for an interesting show overall and, in this case, an even more interesting Christmas-themed episode. Basically, in this Christmas episode in order for Cyd to try and figure out the perfect gift for Shelby, because she feels that Shelby's Christmas gifts to her every year are always a lot better than the gifts she gives to Shelby, she decides to travel back to the last Christmas. But, of course, along the way some things spin out of control. That's the main storyline, but there is also a second storyline that revolves around Barry and Naldo and their Winter Wonderland experiment sparking an elf war led by Chet and Bret. Barry performs this experiment against Naldo's wishes and when he later realizes what he did was wrong he apologizes. There was also a good message and lesson learned at the end between Cyd and Shelby. As in the end, (SPOLIER ALERT: skip this sentence if you have not seen this episode) Cyd ends up giving Shelby as a gift for Christmas, a book she wrote about her first Christmas that she lived with Shelby and her family (which is also the story Cyd was basically narrating throughout the whole episode). This episode was just really sweet, but also really funny. One of my favorite parts of this episode was at the beginning when Cyd was narrating what her and Shelby got each other for Christmases past. This show has two Christmas episodes but this one from Season 1 is by far my favorite of the two. The only reason I put this Christmas episode lowest on this list is because again it's not the most realistic or relatable, or nostalgic, and when compared to the others it's still not the best of them all. But, this is still a must-watch Christmas episode and a new one I found that I will be watching every year. 

#14 Shake It Up "Jingle It Up" S2E11
 

 
This is another great Disney Channel Christmas episode. As you know by now, after reading some of my earlier posts, Shake It Up was one of my all time favorite shows growing up, and it's still a great show to watch even now. So, of course, this is an episode I remember watching every Christmas. Although, I will say, I used to like this episode way more than I do now. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great episode, but younger me would have definitely had this higher up on this list. This episode is still great though because it gives me all the Christmas vibes and nostalgia. Shake It Up had two Christmas episodes but this one is my least favorite of the two just because the other one (which I might mention later 😉) has a better overall message and just flows better. As there is also kind of a judgy part of this episode that I don't like (referring to Deena's voice) that made this episode rank lower than it originally would have. I also wish that CeCe and Rocky would have performed a Christmas dance in this episode instead of the Santa dance, because then it would have made the episode even better for that reason alone. As you know, there is always a dance performance in this show, but the one in this episode just doesn't do it for me. But other than that, I still really do like to watch this Christmas episode every year, I'd be lying if I said I didn't. So, I mainly put this episode on this list for nostalgic reasons but it does also have a good message or lesson-learned at the end by CeCe and even Deuce (well sort of Deuce). I like that CeCe learns the importance of giving instead of receiving, or even buying things for yourself, when you can (if you have the means) help someone less fortunate than you. As in this episode, after CeCe has spent all of her Christmas money on herself, she has to then take on various jobs at the mall in order to be able to buy Christmas gifts for others. While Rocky, throughout this episode, is just determined to find the most popular toy of the season to buy for a child in need. This is just another great and unforgettable Christmas episode and a must-watch this time of year. 

#13 Shake It Up "Merry Merry It Up" S3E5
 

 
This is my favorite Shake It Up Christmas episode of the two they had and another must-watch this season. I love it more than the previous one I mentioned because the whole storyline just flows better. I also like that there is actually a dance/song number with CeCe (Bella Thorne) and Rocky (Zendaya) this time, unlike the other Christmas episode. I also like the overall message and lesson that CeCe learns at the end. This episode is also a nod to the classic Christmas story/movie "A Christmas Carol". As CeCe has a dream that takes her on a wild journey through Christmas past, present, and future. Led by Rocky as the ghost. In the end, after CeCe goes through this journey of a dream and reflects on it, she makes things better between her, her mom, and her mom's new boyfriend. Kids with divorced parents or whose parents aren't together anymore can also relate to this episode and feel for CeCe a bit in this episode. So, I also like that about this episode, in that at one time I could relate to it a bit. I still remember where I was when this episode aired for the first time on Disney Channel, so it holds kind of a special place in my heart. It's unforgettable for sure. It brings back so many memories and I always used to love the song "Shake Santa Shake" that Rocky sings in this episode. I just remember that used to be my favorite part of this episode and one of the main reasons why I loved to watch this episode so much. 

#12 Good Luck Charlie "A Duncan Christmas" S3E21 
 

 
I love this Christmas episode because for an early 2010's Disney Channel show, this is a great family Christmas episode. I mean this episode and Good Luck Charlie in general, is one of the best Disney Channel shows that you can watch with your whole family. Anyone of any age can enjoy this show and relate to it and this episode is no exception. I used to watch this show with my Dad and my sisters, cause we all enjoyed watching it. So, you know it's a great show when everyone in your family has a good time watching it. Having said that, this episode of Good Luck Charlie is so good that I watched it twice this year. Once alone by myself and the second time with my dad and little sister (celebrategoodtimesblog.blogspot.com). Good Luck Charlie has only two Christmas episodes, which is kind of surprising to me. For some reason I just thought they had one for every season, but they did have a Christmas movie so maybe that's why they didn't have a lot of Christmas episodes. Anyways, this is my favorite Christmas episode out of the two they had just because in the other one from Season 4 they (Teddy and PJ) just go to NYC for Christmas and it's a crossover episode they did with Jessie. I like this Christmas episode more because we get to see them celebrate Christmas at home and see all the shenanigans that come along with that. There is a lot happening in this episode. As there are three different storylines that go on during the episode. One being Teddy taking Charlie to see Santa for the first time and the chaos that ensues with that; the second storyline being that the Duncan kids' grandmother (Bob's mom) comes to visit the Duncan house for Christmas which then causes Amy to be on edge; and the third storyline being about Bob, Gabe, and PJ as Bob tries to get advice from them about what to give their mom (Amy) for Christmas. There's a lot of family tension at the beginning, but then it all turns around at the end during their Duncan family talent show. By the way, just the song alone that Teddy and Spencer perform during the talent show, will give you all the Christmas feels you need. This episode just makes you laugh and gets you in the Christmas spirit. I have so many fond memories of watching this episode when I was younger and it never gets old. It's one I love to watch every year at Christmas time. The only reason it goes lower on this list is because I do like the ones I will mention later, better. But, again this is still a great Christmas episode and deserves to be on this list, no doubt. 

#11  Austin & Ally "Mix-Ups & Mistletoe" S3E5
 

 
This is one of my favorite Disney Channel Christmas episodes just for the song alone. No, but for real I not only love the original Christmas song that Austin and Ally sing in this episode but I love this episode's overall theme as well. This is another Disney show that I grew up loving. Austin & Ally has some of the best holiday episodes and this Christmas one is no exception. In this episode, there's actually a couple of plotlines going on. The main one being that when Trish organizes a Kids Club holiday party (charity event) Austin & Ally plan to perform their original Christmas song there and distribute Austin Moon dolls to all the kids. That is until a mix-up at the toy factory leads to a mess up of the dolls they want to give to the kids for Christmas. Therefore, the four friends (Austin, Ally, Trish, & Dez) must scramble to fix the dolls before Christmas. In another subplot, Trish puts Dez and Chuck (Dez's arch nemesis) through a competition to determine who will be a better Santa for the party. Meanwhile, she's just manipulating them into doing her work for her. This episode just has a lot of funny moments, good lessons, and even cute relationship moments between Austin and Ally. It's a classic feel-good Austin and Ally episode but with all the Christmas vibes, which makes everything better.  
 
#11 Austin & Ally "Santas & Surprises" S4E18
 

 
 This is another one of my favorite Disney Channel Christmas episodes and my favorite Austin & Ally Christmas episode, in particular. Mainly, because it has a better overall message and theme than the previous one I mentioned. There are two plotlines in this episode. The main one being about Austin & Ally setting out to get one of their music student's (Lily's) dad home for Christmas, so that she can have a new outlook on Christmas and get the perfect gift. The other storyline is about Trish, Dez, and Herman working as Santa's elves. When Dez becomes the head elf he loses the Christmas spirit. The episode wraps up with another great, classic Austin & Ally hit Christmas song, a happy child, and a great lesson about friends/mentors being family too, when your real family isn't or can't be there with you. I also like how in the beginning everyone at the Music Factory talk about how much they love Christmas but Lily has and shows them a new perspective on Christmas that some people do feel on Christmas. As Christmas is not always the happiest season for everyone. Sometimes it can be a sad season for some, for many different reasons, and that's okay. This episode shows the importance of just being there for people like Lily during a time that might not be the happiest, merriest time of year for them. I think we can all relate to Lily in this episode. In other words, at some point in our lives, I'm sure we have all felt not the happiest during the Christmas season and it's okay to feel those emotions, but having good friends, like Austin and Ally were to Lily in this episode, is also good for when you do feel down or alone. Again, although I love the other Christmas song from the other Austin & Ally Christmas episode better than the one played in this one, this episode is still better overall because of the message that it brings to the audience, and it's a really sweet thing that Austin & Ally does in this episode. Also, the song is still a very good Christmas song, even though it's still not better than the one from the previous episode I mentioned. 
 
#9 A.N.T. Farm "silANT night" S3E15
 

 
 I was never the biggest fan of A.N.T Farm growing up, but I still liked to watch an episode here and there when it originally aired, especially when it came to their holiday episodes. A.N.T. Farm's Christmas episodes are definitely superior to their other holiday-themed episodes, of course. A.N.T Farm had two Christmas episodes, but this one is the better of the two because I like how they mention the true reason for the season, which is the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. This is not what the whole episode is about, as they only mention the story of Jesus towards the end of the episode, but any episode that mentions God or Jesus, or in this case the true Christmas story, is a winner in my book. In this episode, when Zoltan tries to surprise the ANTs by dressing up as Santa Claus, things end up taking a surprising turn when the backup computer locks the kids in the school. After its analytics deem Santa to be bad. It's then up to the ANTs to work together and convince the computer of the true meaning of the season. So, that it will unlock the building and the ANTs can go home for the holidays and (SPOILER ALERT) that is exactly what ends up happening. I also like how they included small talks about Hanukkah in the episode, since one of the ANTs is Jewish and that is what he celebrates. They also mention a couple of other religious holidays. This is just a really funny and very entertaining episode with a great message about the true reason for the season, which is Jesus. Definitely a must-watch every Christmas. We also get to hear a little bit of a Christmas classic "Silent Night", hence the title of the episode, sung by China. Which I also love because that is one of my favorite Christmas songs. 

#8 The Suite Life of Zack & Cody "Christmas at the Tipton" S1E21
 

 
This is another show I grew up with and loved watching as a kid. I was obsessed with this show. I've seen each and every episode too many times to even count. So, that's one reason why this episode makes it higher on this list than some of the others, for nostalgic reasons. But, I also ranked this episode higher than a lot of the others I watched because again, like A.N.T. Farm, this Christmas episode actually mentions the true Christmas story and reason for the season. I chose to put it before the A.N.T. Farm Christmas episode just because I like that this episode felt even more Christmasy and homey. In this episode, ten-feet of snow strands Zack and Cody along with their parents at the Tipton hotel for Christmas. The twins parents are divorced and therefore don't usually get along, but they decide to call a truce for the holidays. As with every episode of this show, after Zack and Cody see their parents getting along and hugging they think that they can get their parents back together, and so of course mischief ensues. In the end, everyone learns a lesson on faith, family, and love. It's a kind of episode that everyone craves around this time of year. I also ranked this episode higher because it's more relatable to me than the last episode I mentioned previously. As I am a child of divorced parents as well, so I could really understand and feel for Cody in this episode. This episode manages to tackle the topic of divorce fairly well. Although, still not all divorced parents act the same as Zack and Cody's did at the end of this episode. Another storyline that went on during this episode revolved around Maddie and London. As Maddie sabotages the "Secret Santa" gift exchange so that London is sure to draw her name, which London of course does but the gift that she ends up giving Maddie is not what Maddie wanted. However, in the end she (Maddie) learns an important lesson, which is that not all presents need a high price tag to be thoughtful or good. A homage to the biblical Christmas story comes into play in this episode when a young couple (ironically named Mary and Joseph) preparing to be parents, enter the hotel looking for a place to stay, and the wife ends up giving birth in an elevator. In other words, it's a modern day, quick story of the birth of Jesus. But still very impactful. This episode just greatly captures the comedic charm that makes this Disney Channel show one of the best, while also paying homage to the great Christmas Story of the Bible. It's definitely an odd balance, but it works well in this episode. 

#7 Lizzie McGuire "Xtreme Xmas" S2E20
 

 
This is another one of my favorite Disney Channel Christmas episodes to watch every year at Christmas time. Again, as you know from my earlier posts, I grew up being a big fan of Lizzie McGuire and Hilary Duff. So, of course for nostalgic reasons I love this episode, and it's a no brainer why it made it onto this list. Lizzie McGuire's last holiday episode I talked about (their Halloween-themed episode) was not the best, but their Christmas-themed episodes are a whole other story. Lizzie McGuire has two Christmas episodes and let me tell you, they are both really good Christmas episodes. This one is my least favorite out of the two just because the guest star on the one that I will talk about later is one that I know more about than the guest star on this episode, which was Steven Tyler. Nothing against Steven Tyler, but I am just not as familiar with his music or anything. But other than that, this episode is still a great Christmas episode and one of the best out of a lot of other Disney Channel shows' Christmas episodes. In this episode, in order for Lizzie to win the Best Float Award at the upcoming Christmas parade, she enlists Gordo to help her with the float. But, not surprisingly, Kate is in the float competition as well. So as usual, a classic showdown unfolds between Kate and Lizzie as they prepare for the competition. Meanwhile, back at home, Lizzie's family is dealing with plumbing issues like no other. In the end, we get another storytelling about the true meaning of Christmas thanks to the help of Matt and a kind-hearted elf in Lizzie's dream. Also, at the end, we are treated to a rock 'n' roll rendition of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" by Steven Tyler himself. Any Christmas episode with a classic Christmas song like this one and a popular guest star is always a must-watch and this episode is just that. You'll never forget this episode, once you see it. 

#6 Girl Meets World "Girl Meets Home for the Holidays" S1E16
 

 
Okay, okay. So, I'm so excited that I finally get to talk about this episode. This is one of my most favorite Disney Channel Christmas episodes ever, for many reasons. First of all, it's very nostalgic to me. I still remember exactly where I was when I watched this episode for the first time when it premiered on the Disney Channel. I even still remember the promos/commercials teasing the new episode, because it was THE big reunion episode at the time. In other words, this is the first time we got to see a few main characters and some of our favorite characters from the original series Boy Meets World. As they join with the cast of Girl Meets World to makes this special and most memorable holiday episode. This episode made me so happy and excited watching it for the first time seven years ago (WOW, I can't believe that was seven years ago) and it still gives me those same feelings watching it now. It just never gets old. It's fun to see the new and old characters come together and interact. Like the Good Luck Charlie episode, this episode is also another great family Christmas episode. People of all ages and generations can enjoy watching it together. This was just one of the few iconic and most memorable reunion episodes from Girl Meets World and was definitely more for the fans of Boy Meets World. This episode has it all. Family (new and old), friendships, relationships (new and old), great lessons, comedy, and all the 90's and late 2010's Christmas vibes. If you love to watch all the Boy Meets World holiday episodes, then this is a great addition to such a classic, must-watch Christmas show marathon. Basically, in this episode the Matthews are reunited for the holidays at Cory and Topanga's. There's a bunch of small storylines that go on. Like Cory's mom not being appreciative of Topanga's efforts and Maya having a new crush on Riley's uncle Josh. But, the main plotline is about Riley's complicated relationship with Shawn and her struggles with that, as Shawn also seems to relate much more to Riley's best friend Maya which just starts a whole other plotline of its own that continues throughout the show's run. In the end, Shawn forms a special bond with both Riley and Maya because they remind him of his and Cory's years as teens. This is just one of the most unforgettable Girl Meets World episodes and Disney Channel Christmas episodes in general. I always think of this episode when Christmas time comes around and I am looking for shows to watch. I try to watch this every year during Christmas just for the nostalgia it brings me. If this was 17-year-old me doing this ranking, I definitely would have had this episode at least as #3 on this list, maybe even #1. But the only reason I don't have it at that spot now, is because I do like the ones that I will be mentioning after this a little better and for much different reasons. 

#5 Even Stevens "Heck of a Hanukkah" S1E15
 

 
This is the only non-Christmas episode on this list because the Stevens are Jewish (well Eileen is) therefore they celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah but in this episode it's mainly about Hanukkah not Christmas. I never would have imagined myself putting an episode like this before all the ones I've mentioned already, but after watching this episode the last couple times that I have, it definitely deserves it's spot on this list. Like I've mentioned before in one of my earlier blog posts, I was never a big Even Stevens fan growing up. I just saw all the episodes fully this year, when my little sister (celebrategoodtimesblog.blogspot.com) got me into them, and it's been one of my favorite Disney Channel shows since. Obviously, this episode is no exception. I guess I had to grow older to actually understand the humor and truly appreciate this show for what it is. I mean anything that has Louis in it automatically tops my list. I just love his character. He's so funny and random and just really makes the show what it is. But, enough talk about Louis and why I love this show. Let's talk more about why I love this episode in particular. First of all, I love how it's different and unique from the rest of these holiday episodes because it's solely focused on Hanukkah and not Christmas. This is actually the only Hanukkah episode that Disney Channel ever made or aired. Even though, I don't celebrate Hanukkah, it's still nice to see what other people like to celebrate and why, and get to see their holiday traditions and also get to learn new things along the way. Especially, when it comes to the Stevens family. If you like the classic movie "It's A Wonderful Life", well this is also a little homage to that. In this episode, after Louis breaks all the Hanukkah presents during one of his grand schemes gone wrong, he is sent to his room for what he did. He falls asleep and is then visited in his dream by the ghost of a relative. That relative then shows him what life with his family would be like if he was never even born. You should watch this episode for yourself to find out what happens from there, but I must say that this is truly a stand-out episode and one of the most funny, and memorable episodes ever. This episode can also be very relatable to those who celebrate the holidays like the Stevens do. As it really goes out of its way to showcase different traditions of the holiday like cooking, lighting the menorah, and playing dreidel.  
 
#4 Lizzie McGuire "Here Comes Aaron Carter" S1E7
 

 
This is my favorite Lizzie McGuire Christmas episode because it's the more nostalgic one to me and more fun to watch and ummm...hello...a young Aaron Carter is the guest star on this episode. (Fun fact: Aaron Carter was the first and only concert that I've ever been to when I was 9 years old). This episode is really relatable as well. I mean who hasn't had a crush on a teen-pop star like Aaron Carter at least once in their life when they were a kid  (umm...I know I have...Justin Bieber anyone?) and would do anything (okay, almost anything) to get to meet them or better yet appear in their music video. So, I'm sure a lot of teen girls could relate to Lizzie and what she was feeling in this episode. Even though this episode is technically not the most Christmasy, as it takes place in the Spring, Lizzie's red and silver outfit as well as Aaron Carter's music video set along with the song, gives off just enough of those Christmas vibes to make this one of the best and most memorable Disney Channel Christmas episodes. In this episode, Lizzie finds out that Aaron Carter is coming to her town to shoot a holiday-themed music video. So, of course, she decides to go there with the help of her friends (Gordo and Miranda) and crash the shoot to appear in the music video with Aaron Carter himself. Although, of course it's not that easy, as some crazy things happen from there. Meanwhile she is totally unaware that her dad already had backstage passes for them. But, in the end Lizzie gets what she dreamed of and even more. I mean you can't forgot that iconic Lizzie McGuire and Aaron Carter kiss under the mistletoe and Aaron's most iconic line, "Merry Christmas Lizzie McGuire". My favorite part of this episode is, of course, the part when Aaron Carter sings his "I Want Candy" song (which does fit pretty well with Christmas). So, again, although this episode doesn't take place during Christmas, it certainly looks and sounds the part, which is good enough for me. The title even parodies the classic Christmas song "Here Comes Santa Claus". From the outfits, to the music, to the setting, to even watching this once real-life couple relationship begin to bloom, makes this episode one of the best OG Disney Channel Christmas episodes to watch this holiday season. I sure like to watch it every year at Christmas time. I love an episode that can make me laugh and this one does just. This episode also brings back all those early 2000's vibes, which I also really love. I already want to watch this episode again, it's that good and it never gets old. 
 
#3 Boy Meets World "Santa's Little Helper" S1E10
 

 Yes, I know. Some might say that Boy Meets World is not considered Disney or Disney Channel, but because this show is on Disney Plus I did add it to this ranking. I mean, how could I not? Boy Meets World had four Christmas-themed episodes (which I just found out about the fourth one a couple of days ago). They had one in Season 6, 5, 4, and this one from Season 1. I did not get to watch the Season 4 one in time to consider it for this ranking, so that is why it is not included on this list. The three Boy Meets World Christmas episodes I did get to watch were all so great, which I had seen them many times before, so I wasn't surprised that they would make it onto this list. This year I watched the Christmas episodes from Seasons 6, 5, and 1 with my little sister (celebrategoodtimesblog.blogspot.com). Usually, she doesn't like to watch Boy Meets World, but I convinced her to watch it with me this Christmas and she did and she loved the episodes, as well. She said her favorite was this one from Season 1, which I love this Christmas episode a lot as well, as you can tell because it made it to the Top 3 of this list. Again, all the Boy Meets World Christmas episodes are so good that I could only rank them from my least to most favorite by which one gave off the most Christmasy vibes, because they all had really good messages. So, this one ranks third when we are looking at just the Boy Meets World Christmas episodes. In this episode, when Corey finds out that Shawn's father got laid off right before Christmas, he decides to help Shawn by paying his share of money for their teacher's (Mr. Feeny's) gift. Cory blows it at first, of course, but then gets wise advice from Mr. Feeny and therefore corrects his mistake to ultimately do right by his best friend. In other words, Corey along with the audience learns empathy and is reminded of the importance of giving, especially during this holiday season. This episode is just one of the most innocently-sweet, humbling, classy, and very heartfelt Christmas episodes. The overall message conveyed by this episode is that Christmas is all about making someone else's day better. There's also a second plotline that's about Corey's little sister (Morgan) going to the mall to see Santa Claus, which brings some comedy to this otherwise wholesome, loving episode. Basically, this episode features all of the elements that made Boy Meets World so special from the start. From Mr. Feeny's wise, philosophical teachings, to the kids clowning and just being kids, and everyone learning something in the end. It all locks nicely into place in this episode, which is why I love it so much. 
 
#2 Boy Meets World "A Very Topanga Christmas" S5E11
 

 
 This is the second best Christmas episode from Boy Meets World because it has another great message, but it's even more Christmasy and much more funny than the last one I talked about. I love when a show can mix emotional with comedy together very well and this episode and the show itself does just that. What I really love about this episode is that we get to see and hear what Christmas traditions the Matthews family does during Christmas time. As in this episode, Topanga spends her first Christmas at the Matthews home, which of course stirs up a mix of emotions and a whole lot of conversations and new Christmas traditions. Corey, of course, is the most happy and excited that Topanga gets to spend Christmas with them, that is until their Christmas traditions clash. From pushing to have an angel on top of the Christmas tree instead of the Matthews' star. To wanting apple cider instead of eggnog. A real tree instead of the Matthews' aluminum tree. To wanting shy singers (Corey) to sing Christmas carols and adding grapefruit to the Matthews' normally just plain orange juice. All of these Topanga Christmas traditions begin to make Corey have questions about their future together. There's also another homage to the classic story/movie "A Christmas Carol" with Mr. Feeny coming into Corey's dream as the ghost to show Corey his past, present, and future if he was without Topanga (after the argument they had). This episode is just a great, realistic/relatable episode, especially when it comes to young relationships. In the end, Corey learns that the spirit of love brings compromise and that when two people grow together they start their own traditions. In other words, this episode is all about realizing the need to make sacrifices in relationships. So, he begins to appreciate that him and Topanga are different. I love that message of loving someone despite your differences, especially when it comes to silly, small things like eggnog or apple cider, orange juice or grapefruit juice. So, I love this episode because it's the only Disney Channel episode that really dives pretty deep into Christmas traditions and what that looks like for different people. It's so festive and Christmasy. It just makes me warm and happy. I love the vibes I get while watching this episode. There's also a subplot with Shawn and Jack as it's their first Christmas together (after finding out they are brothers) and they are just trying to actually find one thing in common that they can make their new Christmas tradition, which just brings even more comedy to this already very funny, but emotionally-deep, thought-provoking episode. It's an episode that has plenty of drama, but still allows you (the audience) to want to root for a happy ending.
 
#1 Boy Meets World "Santa's Little Helpers" S6E11 
 

 This is the BEST Disney Channel Christmas episode and also my most favorite episode of the four Boy Meets World Christmas episodes for many reasons. First of all, there are two storylines in this episode. The main one revolving around Corey as he is just trying to help Shawn's relationship with Angela. His attempt at helping fails at first but then it kind of ends up working out for Shawn and Angela in the end. The second plotline is all about Eric being pretty selfish with his time until he befriends an orphan named Tommy while working as Santa. It's rare that the secondary plotline of an episode outshines the main plotline but in this Boy Meets World episode it does by a landslide. The Eric and Tommy story arc is one that is just so sweet and unforgettable and this episode is the one that started it all for episodes to come with Tommy and Eric's friendship. This episode is just what this time of the year is all about, giving to children in need. Also, I know it's kind of like the Season 1 Christmas episode in this way with the similar theme and message, but this one is just better in my opinion. I can actually relate to the questions and feelings that Eric has in this episode when he is talking things out with God. You see a lot of people in need and you want to help them, but you can't help them all, and then question why are those people in the bad/sad situation they are in. There can just be a wide range of mixed emotions and questions around a topic like this (especially during the holidays) as Eric shows throughout this episode. This episode of Eric with Tommy just greatly shows how Eric is that very funny guy, but how he also has a big heart. This is just a very, very funny but also very heartwarming and thought-provoking episode. It also gives me all the Christmas vibes, but the overall theme and message of this episode is what mainly made me rank it the highest. This episode never gets old to watch and is another one that I try to watch every year during Christmas time because it's perfect for this time of year. Though it takes me down an emotional roller-coaster every time I watch it, it's still worth it to get in that Christmas spirit.  

Well, that wraps up my ranking of The 15 Best Disney Channel Christmas/Holiday Episodes.🎁 I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed creating it. Again, there are so many great Disney Channel Christmas-themed episodes, but these are the ones that stood out the most to me this year and are my least and most favorites. Did your favorite Christmas episode make the list? Let me know in the comments below and come Back to Disney in 2022 for more! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!💓💚🎄


P.S. Here are a few other Disney Channel Christmas episodes that were also stand-outs and were so close to making it onto this list, I just had to mention them here:

In no particular order...

I Didn't Do It "Merry Miss Sis" S1E20

The Suite Life on Deck "A London Carol" S3E15

A.N.T Farm "sANTa's little helpers" S1E20

Bizaardvark "A Killer Robot Christmas" S2E13

Dog With A Blog "Stan Steals Christmas" S3E6






 




No comments:

Post a Comment