Monday, August 16, 2021

TOP 10 SONGS FROM AUSTIN & ALLY

 

Welcome Back to Disney! I hope you enjoyed my last post where I ranked the Top Ten Dances From Shake It Up. This week I thought that I would rank the Top 10 Songs From Austin & Ally. If you remember from one of my previous posts titled the Top Ten Disney Channel Shows, then you know Austin & Ally was included in that top ten list. Mostly because of the music aspect of the show. As I am a huge music lover and Austin & Ally is one of the few Disney Channel shows that has music included in it. So, I thought it would be fun to rank my top 10 favorite songs from the show, since that is what made the show.


A brief note before we begin, I did not separate Austin's songs/performances from Ally's songs/performances. I just put all of their songs/performances together and picked my favorites then ranked them in the order in which I liked them best. I also decided not to include any of the Christmas songs/performances in this list because of course Christmas songs are superior from any other songs and therefore they would have just taken up most of the list. So, that is why I didn't include them. To give the other songs a fair chance. Also, when I say songs I am also talking about the overall performance, as well. Now let's get into the list of the Top 10 Songs From Austin & Ally

(from last to first)

#10 Double Take from the episode "Rockers & Writers"

This is one of my favorite songs from Austin & Ally and deserved to be in this top ten list because it's the song that started it all. As it is the second song to ever be heard on the show and the song that made Austin Moon an overnight sensation. It's just one of those classic dance-pop songs. There's not much to it or Austin's performance of it on the show but I still love it. It's also one of the first songs that comes to mind when I think of the show. It's also great because you get to see not one but five Austin's during his performance of the song on the show. 

Click image for source.

 

#9 Better Than This from the episode "Fresh Starts & Farewells"

This is another great pop song from the show that Austin performs. This is the last song of Season 2. Austin's performance of this song is great with the umbrellas and the rain element. I love dance scenes with rain (I mean hello, Step Up 2: The Streets anyone?). Also, the fact that according to research Ross Lynch was sick during this performance on the show, props to him for pulling through and still giving a great performance. 

Click image for source.

 

#8 I Think About You from the episode "Partners & Parachutes"

When going back to re-watch and listen to these songs, I was actually surprised that I liked this song so much more than some of the others. I like that it is just a simple, acoustic song but still has that pop sound to it. It's a really sweet, romantic song. Austin serenades Ally with this song to win her heart back and to show her that he still loves her. I love the meaning of the song, as well. Being that it's about Austin & Ally's relationship. It's just a heartfelt song and the simpleness of the performance makes it even better. You don't always need big lights, props, and a big stage to make a song or performance great. However, it does flashback to a series of clips of the couple (Austin & Ally) during the performance, which also makes the performance and song one of the best from the show. 

Click image for source.

 

#7 Who I Am from the episode "Magazines & Made-Up Stuff" 

This is another one of my favorite songs and performances from the show because the song is fun to sing and dance along to and I really like the glow-in-the-dark neon lights theme. This makes you feel like you can do anything. It's just a really fun, upbeat performance that makes you happy. The message of the song is also great. It's all about not trying to be anybody but yourself because when you try to put up a front and be anyone but yourself it could get you into trouble. In other words, don't care about what anybody else thinks about you, as long as you're being yourself. We're all just trying to be and do the best that we can. 

Click image for source.

 

#6 Upside Down from the episode "Videos & Villains" 

This is one of those songs and performances that are unforgettable. It is one of the more unique performances from the show because of all the different screens and effects and tricks that Austin does (sorry I don't know all of the correct technical terms for them). So, if you haven't seen it before you should because it's a great song and performance from the show. The performance itself was flawless and seemed to be one of the more challenging performances, so that is why it gets ranked a little higher on my list. The song also has a sweet message, and it is again a song directed at Ally as Austin sings " 'Cause I know where my heart belongs. With you again". The dancing and everything is spot on. 

Click image for source.

 

#5 Timeless from the episode "Future Sounds & Festival Songs" 

This is another one of my favorite songs/performances from Austin & Ally because all four friends (Austin, Ally, Dez, & Trish) perform it onstage together. Well, Austin is still the main singer while the other three characters are alongside him playing the instruments. I really like how it starts off with everyone wearing white clothes and then halfway through the song their clothes turn colored. It's very unique and cool in that way. Definitely another standout and unforgettable performance from the show. This song is performed during a futuristic, dream scene which is cool and different, as well. The meaning of the song is great also. It gives you more of an emotional feeling when you listen to it. This song and performance is just as the title suggests, TIMELESS. 

Click image for source.

 

#4 I Got That Rock & Roll from the episode "Moon Week & Mentors"

This is another one of my favorite songs/performances from the show because of the pop/rock vibes. It's an extremely catchy song, as well. When you listen to it once then it will be stuck in your head for hours or even days. The electric guitars, the prep school uniforms (School of Rock vibes, anyone?), the cyro smoke, and the purple shadow screen in the back are all what make this performance one of the best from the show. Austin's drumming part being my favorite part of the performance (okay I just need to buy myself some drums already I talk about them way too much irl). 

Click image for source.

 

#3 Steal Your Heart from the episode "Tunes & Trials"

This is the song that Austin Moon performs at the courthouse in one of the episodes. Another song he wrote about Ally. I really like the feel and vibes of this song and performance. In this episode Ally tells Austin to write a song about someone he cares about. When Austin performs the song he only sang it to all of his ex girlfriends because it was too emotional for Austin to sing the song to who it was really for directly (that being Ally). However, after Austin admitted that the song was written about Ally, they both admitted that they still had feelings for each other. So it's a really sweet and fun song. I really like how confident Austin looks when performing this song. You really enjoy it because you see that he is really enjoying it. It seems that he has the most energy during this performance than most of the others. All in all the song and performance really speak for themselves. 

Click image for source.

 

#2 Don't Look Down from the episode "Costumes & Courage" 

This is another one of my favorite songs and performances from the show because it is soft rock/pop and it is the first duet that Austin & Ally sing together. Minus the crazy costumes (since the performance takes place at a Halloween party) the song is actually really good and catchy. I also really like the message of the song which is mainly about not being afraid to try new things and not giving up once you do. This is also the first time that Ally performs in front of a huge, live crowd. Even though she is under disguise. The two main characters (Austin & Ally) have so much chemistry during this song/performance. The song also makes me feel a whole other way than all the other songs. Personally, it makes me feel emotional in a good way (probably because it's so nostalgic) but also happy. Overall, it's just a really great, positive and relatable song. 

Click image for source.

 

#1 Not A Love Song from the episode "Secrets & Songbooks"

This is my most favorite song/performance from Austin & Ally just because ever since I was a kid/teen when I first watched the series it's one that really caught my eye the most from the first season and I still love it to this day. Even after listening to all the other songs from the latter seasons I still come back to this song from season 1. I don't know just something about the beat and the lyrics just get to me every time. I love the feeling I get when I listen to this song and watch the performance. The song perfectly balances Austin & Ally's friendship during the beginning of the series before they started dating. Plus, even just the title alone is unique and different in that most songs are about love but this song clearly is "NOT a love song". There's not much to the performance but again sometimes simple is better. The only thing he (Austin) does during the performance is go from starting at the piano which makes you think he's about to sing a slow song but then he gets up and starts dancing for the rest of the song. I like the part when he sings the second to last chorus part of the song. But, I also like the little speaking parts he does at some parts of the song, as well. 

Click image for source.

 

Well, that concludes my list of the Top 10 Songs From Austin & Ally. Creating this list was actually really difficult because I really do like all if not majority of the songs/performances from Austin & Ally. Plus, I am a really indecisive person. But I feel like I finally put them in the correct order of which ones I think are best. I would love to know if these are also your favorites. So, let me know in the comments below. Remember these are just my opinions. Also, if you have never watched Austin & Ally or seen any of these songs/performances that I have mentioned here, I highly suggest that you go do that and come Back to Disney next week for more!





 



No comments:

Post a Comment