Tuesday, June 22, 2021

TOP TEN DISNEY CHANNEL SHOWS

 


Welcome Back to Disney! I hope you enjoyed my post last week on some of my Disney favorites from movies, to TV, to songs, to my favorite Disney Channel "ships". This week I am going to let you in on my Top 10 Disney Channel Shows. I chose to discuss my favorite Disney Channel TV shows this week before my favorite Disney movies because I prefer TV shows over movies (another fun fact about me). The main reason being because TV shows, especially Disney Channel shows, usually have. multiple seasons, which means they last longer than a one- or two-hour movie. It's always sad when a great movie ends because you just want it to keep going and going. If the movie doesn't get a sequel, you can only re watch the same movie over again to see those characters and relationships again. But, with TV shows after you watch one episode you get to see another one and another one after that one and so on. 

So, that is why I prefer TV shows over movies. And let's face it some of the best TV shows of all time are from the Disney Channel. I mean who doesn't go straight to Disney when they think of their favorite TV shows? This was extremely hard for me to narrow down my favorites and rank them in order, because there are so many good ones but I think I got it down. You will also notice all the shows I mention are from older Disney because I grew up on older Disney and I am not familiar with any of the newer Disney Channel shows. So, let's get into my top ten favorite Disney Channel Shows.

 

(From last to first)

#10 Sonny with a Chance - What I really like about Sonny with a Chance is how funny it is and the relationship between Chad and Sonny. But the reason it is last on my list of favorites is because I only remember the show from when I was a kid. I really need to re watch it so that I know how it holds up today. If I feel the same watching it as I once did. But, out of all the shows on Disney Channel to exist it still made it on my top ten list. 


Click image for source

 

#9 Even Stevens - I feel that Even Stevens is a very underrated Disney Channel show. I actually just recently re watched the entire series (and the movie) with my sisters. I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, because I remembered seeing episodes here and there as a kid when my older sister would watch it and I always thought it was strange and creepy. But it actually isn't. I think you appreciate and understand it more as an adult, as with a lot of these Disney Channel shows. 

Although, it's not at the top of my list, I still really like the show and enjoyed re watching it after so many years. Mostly because of the main character Louis and his funny antics. I liked the family aspect of the show as well as the story lines between Louis and his sister (Ren) and Louis's relationship with Tawny (his girlfriend) and his bond with his friends and neighbor (Beans). 

Click image for source

 

#8 Good Luck Charlie - Good Luck Charlie is a great show and one of my favorites because it is a show about family and you can watch it with your whole family, unlike some other Disney Channel shows. I also liked that there were a lot of kids on the show, the jokes made me laugh a lot of times, and there was even music on the show at times, too. It's always good to see a show go back to just a family sitcom. I love that there were many different story lines going on in the show with the many different characters which never made it boring. 

I watched this show a lot as a kid/teen by myself and with my whole family. I actually need to re watch it again now that I'm a little older. I haven't seen it since it went off the air. So, I might just do that tonight. I like that it's not your typical Disney show and that it follows a family's everyday life. It is one of the more realistic Disney shows that most people can relate to at least one of the characters on the show. 

Click image for source

 

#7 Suite Life of Zack & Cody - Suite Life of Zack & Cody is and was a childhood favorite. I think it is a really fun show to watch because it is very chaotic. It's unique in that the show centers around two twin boys living in a hotel throughout the series and their crazy, wild adventures they get into. As you may know by now, I love a show that can make me laugh and this show does just that. It also has music on the show at times which I also love, and I like watching the brotherly relationship between the two main characters Zack & Cody because they have very different personalities. I have two siblings, so I like watching other sibling relationships. I also enjoyed watching the friendship of the two main girl characters on the show, London and Maddie. There is also a lot of pranks on the show which I also love to see. It is also a very diverse show with a very diverse cast. 

Click image for source

 

#6 Austin & Ally - Austin & Ally is a great show and another one of my favorites for many reasons. I liked the show a lot as a teen when it aired on the Disney Channel, and I like it even more now as an adult. This is another show that I recently binge watched with my sisters, as well. I actually found it to be way funnier the second time watching it. The jokes and story lines still hold up to this day. I love the music aspect of the show, the friendship between the four characters (Austin, Ally, Trish, & Dez), and the relationship between Austin & Ally. It is a very entertaining show with something for everyone to enjoy. I can also really relate to the main character Ally because she likes to sing and perform but she is shy and has stage fright at first, which is definitely me. The show provides encouragement to be yourself as the characters do, which is a great lesson for kids, teens, and just people in general. 

Click image for source

 

#5 Girl Meets World - Girl Meets World is another one of my favorites because it is very unique from all the other shows on the Disney Channel. I like the girl power friendship between Riley and Maya and that it is mainly focused on those two girls throughout the series. I also love the many lessons that you learn from each episode of the show. Each new episode the viewer knew by even the title that they would learn something. I also grew up watching Boy Meets World, so I liked that they included nostalgia in the show by bringing back characters from the old show on to the new show. I also really like the characters' fashion on the show and the friendships as well as the relationships. 

I was sad to see it get cancelled so soon because I wanted to see more. That is how you know it is a good show when you want to see more of it after three seasons. It's not my number one favorite Disney Channel show only because I felt at times they tried to be too serious and deep on topics to be a kid/teen show. I felt that they could have loosened up a bit and still be able to give the great wisdom and lessons they did. Kind of how Boy Meets World was able to do it. Overall, it's still a great show, especially for families or young females. 

Click image for source


 

#4 Lizzie McGuire - Lizzie McGuire is my fourth favorite show because of the characters, the story lines, the fashion, the relationships, and the friendships. It's another show focused on friendship which is great to see and watch. I was obsessed with Lizzie McGuire as a kid. At the time I didn't even know I was watching reruns of the show, because it felt so brand new to me then and the story lines and lessons still hold up even today. I have currently been watching all of the episodes over again with my sister and it is still the same great show I remember. The show is filled with real problems and situations which makes it super relatable. I also like that the main character Lizzie isn't perfect in the show, they show her flaws as well as the good things, too. Therefore, it is relatable to middle school girls or girls going through the same things as Lizzie is in the show. I also really like how unique and different it is from all of the other Disney Channel shows with the cartoon and live action aspect of the show. The show also covers more serious topics in the best way for kids to understand and the show has its funny moments as well. 

Click image for source

 

#3 Shake It Up - My third favorite show is Shake It Up because of the dancing, story lines, music, theme song, characters, and the fashion. This is another show I used to be obsessed with. I watched and re watched this show all the time when I was a teenager. I was also the age of the girls on the show as I was watching it in real time. So, I could really relate to them in that way. I really liked how this show was something unlike anything Disney had done before, mostly because it was strictly focused on the dancing. I used to record all of the episodes to re watch over and over again to learn the dances the characters did. It made me want to be a dancer. It is a great show that encourages kids/teens to get active. I also really loved the fashion in the show. I would literally draw sketches of the exact outfits that the characters Rocky and CeCe wore. Thinking that I could go find the exact clothes at the store (because I sure couldn't make them myself). 

The music was also great in the show even the theme song as well as the friendships and relationships. I really liked how close the two main characters, CeCe and Rocky, were to each other in the show. The show is also very funny but can pull at your heart strings, as well. As, they covered a few serious topics, like dyslexia. The show taught kids/teens great lessons throughout the series. I also loved how confident and outgoing the characters were. They made me excited to watch each and every episode. No episode was ever boring. 

Click image for source

 

#2 Wizards of Waverly Place - Wizards of Waverly Place is my second favorite Disney Channel show because it is different from all of the other Disney Channel shows being that it's all about magic. It being one of the most unrealistic and supernatural shows makes it all the more fun to watch. It's Disney Channel's own version of Harry Potter in show form. So, if you're a fan of Harry Potter you would love this series. The show is very funny and clever. I like the main character Alex's sassiness, sarcastic humor, and comedic timing. I also loved the fashion of her character, as well. I always liked tuning into the show to see what Alex would wear next. Just like with Shake It Up, I would sketch all of the outfits Alex would wear. 

This show is also my favorite because just because it is one of the OG Disney Channel shows. It came on during the best era of Disney. The show also never gets old to watch and the consistent use of sarcastic humor from all the characters throughout the show makes it one of the best. Although it was highly unrealistic, as mentioned before, it also had some relatable things about it, as well. For example, sometimes the characters would say something you had always been thinking but would never say (Alex), and all the characters still went to school so you could relate to that, and their love lives and sibling relationships were also very relatable. Another great thing about the show is Alex's relationship with her best friend Harper. Harper had a very unique style but Alex never teased her for it. Alex's relationship with Dean is another one of my favorite parts of the show. I thought they were really cute together and I was sad when they couldn't make their relationship work. But, I also thought the moments with Alex and Mason were funny and great, as well. Not only did this show have a great theme song but anytime I see a hat now I always think of that "crazy funky junky hat" song (okay maybe not all the time but you get the point). 

Click image for source

 

#1 Hannah Montana - Finally, the best Disney Channel show is Hannah Montana. Hannah Montana is my favorite Disney Channel show because of just everything. It has everything all the shows I mentioned before have (except of course wizards). It has family, music, dancing, friendships, relationships, girl power, great fashion, and great lessons. First, the whole synopsis of the show about living a double life is just a genius idea to begin with. No one had ever thought of it before this show. It is relatable to every girl out there who has ever dreamt of being a popstar. As I'm sure many little girls have and maybe still do. Even boys can relate to the guys on the show. The great music honestly made the show, without it I probably wouldn't care for the show as much or rate it this high on the list. I even still remember the Hannah Montana music video clips that played on commercial breaks during the show. 

The show is funny, the catchphrases are hilarious, and the friendships and relationships are interesting and fun to watch. The show can pull at your heart strings or make you laugh out loud. The show is also relatable when it comes to growing up as a normal middle and high school student. It was cool to see how she balanced being normal and being a superstar. The characters Miley and Hannah also have some of the coolest and cutest outfits (at least at the time). I mean we all wanted her closet at some point when watching the show. The show was ultimately all about family and sticking together, which I am all about. The show even had a movie, which you know makes it a good Disney Channel show. It also had four seasons being one of the shows that was on the longest. This show was everything to me as a kid (okay maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration). But seriously I made sure to catch every episode when it aired and I had so much Hannah Montana merchandise from sleeping bags, to chairs, to hats, to board games. So, that is why I would have to say Hannah Montana is the #1 Disney Channel show, because it is the first show I think of when Disney comes to mind. 

Click image for source


Well, that is all for my Top Ten Disney Channel Shows list. Remember these are just my opinions. I hope you enjoyed reading my opinions, perhaps my unpopular opinions. Let me know in the comments your top ten favorite Disney Channel shows or even just one of your favorites, maybe just your top favorite. I'll be sure to read them. See you next week on Back to Disney!


~Alyssa C.




No comments:

Post a Comment