Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Disney Channel Tag for the True Disney Fans Out There

 For my first post I wanted to let you get to know me a little more in regards to some of my Disney favorites and letting me get to know you and your Disney favorites with a game of TAG. I put together a list of questions that I will answer and then if you would like (after you finish reading my answers) you can comment down below your answers to these same questions. I would love to know your thoughts and opinions. So let's get started.

Question 1: What is your favorite Disney Channel show? 

It's hard for me to answer this question because I have so many favorite shows from Disney Channel. But if I had to choose one I would probably have to say Hannah Montana. Hannah Montana is my favorite Disney Channel show because I love the story line of the show, which is a small-town girl who's dreams came true and now lives a double life as a pop singer. It is one of the more relatable Disney Channel shows to me when it comes to a normal girl living in a small town with big dreams of being a star and losing her mom and only having her dad to be there for her when she needs advice and to teach her lessons that her friends or brother can't. There is also a lot of music in the show which I love anything that includes music. Music makes everything better and it does just that with this show. I couldn't imagine the show without the music. The show is also pretty funny at times, too. I could go on and on about why Hannah Montana is the best Disney Channel show, but to save time and space I'll leave it at that. 

Click image for credits

 

Question 2: What is your favorite Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM)? 

Again, this is a really hard question for me to answer because there are so many good DCOMs. But if I had to choose one favorite DCOM I would choose High School Musical 2. I loved all of the High School Musical movies but I would have to say the second one is by far my favorite because the music is better, it was all set during summer vacation (who doesn't love a summer movie musical?), the story line is great, the many positive messages (being true to yourself, valuing friendship, and following your own path in life), and it never gets old or boring to watch. I highly recommend you watch High School Musical 2 if you have not already. I know I've watched it more times than I can count. I was a big fan of the movie as a kid, and I still watch it to this day. I remember even when I was in high school every summer, I made sure I watched High School Musical 2. EVERY SUMMER. It's just a go-to summer movie for all. Even my parents enjoyed watching it at times with me and my siblings and you know if adults like it than it must be good to be a "Disney movie".

(P.S. Hannah Montana: The Movie is my favorite Disney Movie, but since it's not considered a DCOM that is why it is not mentioned here.)

Click image for credits

 

Question 3: What is your favorite Disney Channel friendship? 

I would say that my favorite Disney Channel friendship is Riley and Maya from Girl Meets World. Even though these two characters had different upbringings and personalities nothing could come in the way of their friendship. Not even boys, which was a big thing on the show. They were always loyal to one another and trusted one another. They were like sisters. They were so close that Maya didn't even have to knock when she came to visit Riley at her apartment, she just entered through Riley's bay window in her bedroom whenever she wanted. 

Click image for credits

 

Question 4: Who are your favorite Disney Channel siblings? 

My favorite Disney Channel siblings would probably be Charlie and Teddy from Good Luck Charlie. I think their bond was special and I loved how Teddy (the older sister) made a personalized video diary throughout the series for Charlie (her baby sister). I mean who else would take the time and dedication to do that for their sibling? I mean, I would but most people (or characters on Disney Channel) wouldn't or didn't think of something like that. 

Click image for credits

 

Question 5: What is your favorite Disney Channel ship?

Just for those that maybe don't know what "ship" means or is, it means when you want two people to be together, romantically. So, two people that I shipped on Disney Channel and that was my favorite ship would be Austin and Ally from Austin & Ally. I feel like they were the most connected from the very beginning of the series and lasted throughout the entire series. They even ended up getting married and having kids in the end. They were both musicians and were brought together because of their love of music. I'm a big music lover as well, so I love that part of their story. I also liked how it showed people that two people in the same field of work, especially two people in the music business, can make their relationship work. I also liked that they helped each other as Austin helped Ally with her stage fright and Ally helped Austin become the star that he did. 

Click image for credits


 

Question 6: What is your favorite Disney Channel show theme song? 

I don't think it's possible to pick just one favorite for this question. I have to say I really like the "Best of Both Worlds" theme song from Hannah Montana and the "Take on The World" theme song from Girl Meets World. Both of these songs are really catchy, but one is more upbeat, and the other is more slower, subtle with a good message. The Hannah Montana theme song is instantly recognizable and catchy, which I believe is what makes a good theme song. When you hear that first drum beat you know what song it is. The Girl Meets World theme song is about best friends taking on the world together, so it is really sweet. It also has a really good beat just a little slower than the Hannah Montana theme song. 

So, I would say one of those two are my favorite, but I also like the theme song from Shake it Up and if we were to go way back the Boy Meets World theme song is also great and catchy as well as the Saved by the Bell (or Good Morning Miss Bliss) theme song. I only caught the reruns of those last two shows I mentioned, but I watched them just as much as all the other Disney Channel shows. They originally aired on Disney but then moved to another channel. So, I did not really get to watch them when they were on Disney, but I would consider them Disney.

Click image for credits

 

Question 7: What is your favorite song from a DCOM? 

Man, again so many good ones to choose from. But, I would have to say my favorite song from a DCOM is "This Is Me" from Camp Rock. I love the beat of the song and the overall message of the song. It's about not being afraid to come out of your shell and not being afraid to show who you are and do what you love. I really relate to this song. Every time I listen to this song it gives me confidence to not be afraid to be who I am and no matter what people say only I know who I am. However, "What Dreams Are Made Of" from the Lizzie McGuire Movie is a really close second. 

Click image for credits

 

Question 8: What is your favorite Disney Channel animated series? 

I did not really watch a lot of Disney's animated series growing up, but I did watch Kim Possible when I was younger and remember being a big fan of that animated show. I even had a Kim Possible t-shirt when I was younger. So, I would probably say Kim Possible is my favorite. Especially because it was about a strong, brave female lead character.  

Click image for credits

 

Question 9: Which Disney Channel show did you wish had another season?

One Disney Channel show that I felt could have had another season was Girl Meets World. Although, I wanted all my favorite shows to have additional seasons because I never wanted them to end, I really felt that Girl Meets World should have gotten another season. One reason being that they only had three seasons and usually great rated, popular Disney shows had a maximum of four seasons. Girl Meets World had the fan base and the ratings but for some reason ended early in my opinion. Another reason they should have gotten a fourth season is because on their last episode they had just gotten to the climax of the show and formed these romantic relationships (or ships) that fans had been waiting to happen since the beginning. Overall, I just felt like there was more of all of the characters' stories to tell. 

Click image for credits

 

Question 10: What was your favorite quote from a DCOM?

The first quote or saying that comes to my mind is "Si se puede" from the Disney Channel movie Gotta Kick It Up. Si se puede means "Yes, we can", which I think is a great message let alone a fun quote to say. I feel like that saying is very important to say to yourself if you are feeling down and need to believe in yourself. It's a very meaningful quote and goes along well with anything happening in one's life. Never say you can't do something. So, I would say that's my favorite. 

Click image for credits

 

Question 11: Which DCOM do you wish had a sequel? 

A DCOM that I wished had a sequel was Lemonade Mouth. The first Lemonade Mouth was really good and it was like one of the only actually good DCOMs that unfortunately didn't get a second movie. I feel like they could have continued the story line somehow without making it feel unnecessary. It was also another musical movie so I really liked that part about it, as well. I would have loved to hear more music from the cast in another movie. I just feel Lemonade Mouth is just an underrated Disney Channel movie. I highly recommend you watch it if you haven't seen it already and if you have already seen it watch it again and again and again (no pressure though just a suggestion). 

Click image for credits


Question 12: What was the last Disney show and movie that you watched? 

The last Disney movie that I watched was Go Figure. Just as the title suggests it is about a girl determined to make it in the world of figure skating but must join the girls' hockey team to obtain a scholarship. It is a great movie that I highly recommend. It is not my first time watching it either. The last Disney Channel show that I watched was Lizzie McGuire which is about a 13-year-old girl and her two best friends living the normal life of a middle schooler and all that entails. I am still currently binge watching it with my sister. The show only had two seasons and I am on the last season of the show. I am also not new to this show as I was a big fan of Lizzie McGuire as a kid. I only got to see the reruns of the show as I was a little too young to see it when it first premiered the episodes. I had a lot of merchandise with the show's logo or cartoon character on it and my older sister had the Lizzie McGuire board game that we played all the time. It is another must watch if you haven't seen it. 

Click image for credits

 Well, that is it for the questions. I hope you got to know a little bit more about some of my favorite shows and movies from Disney Channel and what I grew up watching. Feel free to comment down below your answers to the questions and I will be sure to check them out. Of course, you can keep your answers more short and to the point than I did. Come Back to Disney next week for another post. Have a great day, morning, or night!

~Alyssa C.

No comments:

Post a Comment