Tuesday, January 30, 2024

A DEFINITIVE RANKING OF EVERY FIRST SONG/OPENING NUMBER FROM DCOM MUSICALS

*Full reflections on each song coming soon:)

  Welcome Back to Disney and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!πŸŽŠπŸŽ†πŸŽ‡I hope you enjoyed my last post, and one of my MOST FAVORITE posts that I've ever done, on A Ranking of Every Mary-Kate and Ashley Movie and I hope that you're having a GREAT 2024 so far.πŸ’›Speaking of 2024, since it's still January (the first month of the year), I thought that one of the BEST and MOST FUN ways to start this new year of blog posts off right, would be to re-watch and rank EVERY FIRST song/opening number from DCOM musicals.🎬🎀🎹🎸🎢 I had actually planned on doing this type of blog post a long time ago but had forgotten about it, until my little sister (celebrategoodtimesblog.blogspot.com) and I were talking about our blog plans for this new year in December, and she basically reminded me about doing this post. So, shout out to you, Amber!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•Speaking of my sister, she actually already did a post like this one on her blog a couple years ago, which you should check out here, because her also post inspired me to do this and it's just a GREAT read.πŸ’—πŸ‘πŸ‘

So, yes, that's how this blog post came to be. FIRST MONTH of the year = FIRST SONGS/OPENING NUMBERS from DCOM musicals. I mean, what better way to start the year than with some GREAT, INSPIRING, FUN, NOSTALGIC MUSIC, am I right? And DCOM musicals have some of the BEST music. Plus, I just LOVE anytime that I get to re-watch these movies, even if it is just for a short clip/scene of the movie that these first songs/opening numbers are from. So, what are we waiting for? Let's get into A Definitive Ranking of Every First Song/Opening Number from DCOM Musicals!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸŽ‰

Just a brief note before we begin: It was hard for me to decide which DCOMs were to be included for this ranking and which ones, in my opinion, are considered TRUE DCOM musicals. So, I just included the ones that I have always grown up seeing as DCOM musicals. Which are ones that have consistent music throughout AND use the music to help move the plot of the movie along, which the ones that I will be mentioning below all do. Again, in my opinion. So, you will see that I did not include the DCOMs: Girl vs. Monster (2012), Stuck in the Suburbs (2004), Pixel Perfect (2004), or Freaky Friday (2018) because to me those did not check off the two criteria I had for these types of movies (DCOM musicals). All the movies I just mentioned, except for Freaky Friday, are more so just music-related. Not musicals. I also just didn't include the 2018 version of Freaky Friday because I don't like that movie and I just already knew that the first song from it would be very last on this ranking.

However, you will see that I did include Starstruck (2010), which many might not consider a DCOM musical, but to me it always has been. In other words, Starstruck has enough musical moments that are more consistent throughout compared to those other movies that I didn't include for this ranking. I also chose to include Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure (2011) just because although it doesn't have a ton of songs throughout it, it is a musical movie to me and also just because it's apart of the HSM franchise, which I included all of those movies on here, as well. YES, even the first song from High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008), I included on here. I know, I know. HSM 3 isn't even a DCOM but I just couldn't include the other two movies without also including that one. So, other than those four DCOMs I mentioned before (Girl vs Monster, Stuck in the Suburbs, Pixel Perfect, & Freaky Friday), I included EVERY other DCOM musical known to TRUE Disney Channel fans. 

Also, for the songs themselves, I just ranked all the FIRST songs from each DCOM musical that I chose to include for this ranking. The FIRST SONG, meaning the first song you hear when you turn on the movie and that has a full-on musical performance that goes along with it, or, as for one particular movie, just a long montage of special moments. Now, WHAT TIME IS IT?...it's the START OF SOMETHING NEW, a BRAND NEW DAY, your year, MY YEAR, it's NOW OR NEVER, TOGETHER WE CAN TURN UP THE MUSIC, get STARSTRUCK, spread some JOYFUL NOISE, that CHEETAH LOVE, cause the PARTY'S JUST BEGUN and we're GONNA SHINE...okay, as you can see I am not good with trying to use all the song titles in a sentence (and I even left out some), so let's just get into A Ranking of Every First Song/Opening Number from DCOM Musicals for real this time!πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ¬πŸŽΆπŸŽ€πŸŽΉπŸŽΈπŸŽΊπŸŽ·πŸŽ§πŸ•ΊπŸ’ƒπŸŽ‰

          πŸŽ‰πŸ€ŽπŸ–€πŸ’“πŸ€πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ€ŽπŸ’šπŸ’“πŸ€πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€ŽπŸ’›πŸ’—πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’“πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’—πŸŽ‰

          πŸŽ‰πŸ€ŽπŸ–€πŸ’“πŸ€πŸ’œπŸ’™πŸ€ŽπŸ’šπŸ’“πŸ€πŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€ŽπŸ’›πŸ’—πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’“πŸ’›πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’—πŸŽ‰

(from least to most favorite)... 

#20 "Alien Invasion" performed by the Cast from Zombies 3 (2022)

#19 "Gonna Shine" performed by Ashley Tisdale (as Sharpay Evans) from Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure (2011) 

#18 "We Got This" performed by the Cast of Zombies 2 (2020)

#17 "Oxygen" performed by Maia Mitchell (as Mack) from Teen Beach Movie (2013)

#16 "Best Summer Ever" performed by the Cast of Teen Beach 2 (2015) 

#15 "My Year" performed by the Cast of Zombies (2018)

#14 "Joyful Noise" performed by the Cast of Let It Shine (2012)

#13 "Cheetah Love" performed by Adrienne Bailon-Houghton (as Chanel), Sabrina Bryan (as Dorinda), & Kiely Williams (as Aqua) from The Cheetah Girls: One World (2008)

#12 "Rotten to the Core" performed by Sofia Carson (as Evie), Dove Cameron (as Mal), Cameron Boyce (as Carlos), & Booboo Stewart (as Jay) from Descendants (2015)

#11 "Ways to be Wicked" performed by Cameron Boyce (as Carlos), Dove Cameron (as Mal), Booboo Stewart (as Jay), & Sofia Carson (as Evie) from Descendants 2 (2017)

#10 "Good to be Bad" performed by Dove Cameron (as Mal), Jadah Marie (as Celia), Anna Cathcart (as Dizzy), Cameron Boyce (as Carlos), Booboo Stewart (as Jay), & Sofia Carson (as Evie) from Descendants 3 (2019)

#9 "Starstruck" performed by Sterling Knight (as Christopher Wilde) from Starstruck (2010)

#8 "Brand New Day" performed by Demi Lovato (as Mitchie Torres) from Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam (2010)

#7 "Turn Up the Music" performed by Bridgit Mendler (as Olivia), Naomi Scott (as Mo), Adam Hicks (as Wen), Blake Michael (as Charlie), & Hayley Kiyoko (as Stella) from Lemonade Mouth (2011) 

#6 "Who Will I Be?" performed by Demi Lovato (as Mitchie Torres) from Camp Rock (2008) 

#5 "Now or Never" performed by the Cast of High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008)

#4 "Together We Can" performed by Sabrina Bryan (as Dorinda), Adrienne Bailon-Houghton (as Chanel), Kiely Williams (as Aqua), & Raven-Symone (as Galleria) from The Cheetah Girls (2003) 

#3 "The Party's Just Begun" performed by Kiely Williams (as Aqua), Sabrina Bryan (as Dorinda), Adrienna Bailon-Houghton (as Chanel), & Raven-Symone (as Galleria) from The Cheetah Girls 2 (2006)

#2 "What Time Is It?" performed by the Cast of High School Musical 2 (2007) 

#1 "Start of Something New" performed by Zac Efron (as Troy Bolton) and Vanessa Hudgens (as Gabriella) from High School Musical (2006) 


Well, that concludes A Definitive Ranking of Every First Song/Opening Number from DCOM Musicals and my FIRST post of 2024!!πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰ I really enjoyed getting to go back and not only listen to these songs, but also re-watch all of the GREAT performances that went along with them from the movies. And I hope you enjoyed reading this post just as much as I did creating it. Doing this post also made me very EXCITED and HYPED for all of the upcoming posts I have to share with you this year. 'Cause,y this post might just be a little hint of what's to come from my blog this year...MUSIC, MUSIC, and MORE MUSIC!🎢🎀🎹🎸🎺🎷🎻 Trust me, you won't want to miss it. So, hit the follow button so that you get notified when my next post goes up and come Back to Disney soon for more!πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰ Oh, and if LOVE any of these songs that I mentioned here on this ranking and you want to listen to them all year long, you can click this link here for my Disney New Year Spotify Playlist. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!✌❤πŸ’›πŸŽŠπŸŽ†πŸŽ‡

 

No comments:

Post a Comment